What transfer case fluid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What transfer case fluid?

I am refreshing my dana 20 and was wondering what fluid you guys use. I was under the inpression that I use 50w but I cant find it in my local stores.

Wes
    302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

The Owners Manual does call out for 50W.
    Everybody I know has always used normal 80/90...?

Comment

Thanks, I was thinking of grabbing that last time I looked, so thats probably what Ill go back and get.
      302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

50w is what you are supposed to use.
        I have always used 80/90, because I just want to buy / carry on the trail one fluid.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

80/90 should work just fine (and I hope so because that's what's in my case). Like welndmn said, I just want to buy and carry one fluid.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

80/90 here.
            And before Jeff starts in on me. I used to use my truck as a daily driver for about 5 years. It's just been awhile
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

80/90 here also... Diffs/435/D20
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

i always thought about using 20w-50 engine oil and maybe like some lucas oil stabilizer for reassurance and at least that way you might get a little better fuel economy and its easy and cheap to come by. any body try it?

Comment

Working...
                X