Windshield Quick connect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Quick connect?

I'm looking at removing my windshield, but I'll have to cut the wiring. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to wire it up so I can have a quick connect. I'm thinking I'll have to enlarge the hole. I know I'm going to remove it again when it goes to paint.

Re: Windshield Quick connect?

Don't cut your wires. If still stock, it disconnects somewhere behind the dash and the connector can come out with the windshield frame. I painted my windshield frame with the wiring still routed through it. Its one of those 4 or 5 pin rubberized Ford connectors found all over the stock harness.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

It disconnects right by the wiper motor. I don't know if the connector is small enough to go down the frame channel though.
      Brad
      Chico, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerjughead View Post
        It disconnects right by the wiper motor. I don't know if the connector is small enough to go down the frame channel though.
        Right it disconnects there and also under the dash. Or at least mine did.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

It actually has been rewired with a Centec harness, I'll look deeper under the dash tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaJake View Post
            It actually has been rewired with a Centec harness, I'll look deeper under the dash tonight.
            If it has a Centech harness then it does not disconnect under the dash. It could easily be made to though. Just cut the wires and buy a 4 pin GM style water proof connector at your parts dealer of choice.

Brad
            Brad
            Chico, Ca.

Comment

Thats what I am thinking but then I'll have to expand the hole so I can pull the windshield off. No biggie I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by JustaJake View Post
                Thats what I am thinking but then I'll have to expand the hole so I can pull the windshield off. No biggie I guess.
                GM Weather pack connector, tower and shroud sections, and terminals/dust seals. After you install, buy the tool that removes the connectors from the shroud/tower, then they can fit through the hole.
                Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-05-2009, 07:17 PM.
                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I am a big fan of the weather pack connector! I've put a $hitload of them in my rig!
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

I was out of weather pack connectors when I finally got around to doing the wiper motor on mine, so I ran to kragen and got a 4 pin trailer harness. The kit had both male and female sides, I soldered/shrunk wrapped the wires on and presto, wiper disconnect for about $3.
                    1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Excellent topic as I was thinkin about the exact same thing as I dont want to trash my windshield frame while competing in the Can-Rock series next year after I get some seat time with mine.

Comment

Good point. I folded the windshield on my heep by laying the top off it against the side of a pine tree after I slid off a ledge with my nose in the air. I should have removed it first.
                        70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

This is the reason I can take mine off in a couple of minutes. I have the advantage of not having wipers though.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                          X