Check engine light help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check engine light help

On the RJM harness there is two wires for the check engine light, Do I hook both wires together and connect to one side of the light? The directions say " connect the wires to the light, it doesn't matter which wire is connected to which side of the light". I am thinking both wires to one side of the light and ground the other. Let me know. Thanks

Re: Check engine light help

No, hook each wire to the light.
    1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

one goes to each side of the bulb. just don't use a led.
      6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Why not a LED?

Comment

led's are polarity dependent and were not used by ford in this circuit.
          6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Originally posted by Fordfreak View Post
            Exactly, the 'puter wants to see a resistive load, ie: filament bulb. Radio Shack is where I picked up my first one
            Rick-
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Fordfreak View Post

HMMMM. Crap, gotta swap mine out now. Did not know that!
              '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

well mine would not light with the wires both ways but would light a 1156 bulb. the circuit needs a load larger than a led. yours? ford ecm?
                Last edited by Fordfreak; 01-12-2009, 04:46 AM. Reason: second ?

Comment

Working...
                X