9" FW BB year ID help -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9" FW BB year ID help -

As I understand it, at some point the BB housings went from 1/2" retaining bolts at the flange to 3/8", and the bolt pattern changed. Anyone know what year that was? Need to find a donor for brake hardware for the later model.

Re: 9" FW BB year ID help -

This outta help

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/rear_axle
    71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
    nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Thanks Santa, but I am looking for info on the truck/ big bronco axles for a full width swap. Picked up one that has big bearing ends, but 3/8" bolt holes - won't fit the backing plates or axle retainers that I already have.

Comment

Ahh. I'll see what I can find. From what I remember there was no definate date. That's was one of the messed up things ford did. They mixed and matched all the different configurations throughout the years. I used to have MR. N's axle guide I'll see if I can find it.
        71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
        nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Brian, What kind of brake stuff do you need. I have some with 3/8 holes off a f/w axle...
          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
            Brian, What kind of brake stuff do you need. I have some with 3/8 holes off a f/w axle...
            Thanks for the call and the follow up. I am putting another FW Rear together in case the 4 link doesn't happen - so far the front end project is eating up the budget and my time.

What I need are drums, backing plates, etc.. for what I believe is an 80 something housing, currently bare.

Comment

Working...
            X