Laquer over urethane enamel or???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laquer over urethane enamel or???

How does Laquer do over urethane enamel? I can not rememember is it enamel over Laquer or laquer over enamel. I know it is only one way.
    1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Re: Laquer over urethane enamel or???

I think it is Rustolium over Krylon.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I believe its ok to shoot urethane over lacquer but not the other way around.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

What is the original paint on Broncos?
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I think it's imaron? Isn't that laquer?
          73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
            What is the original paint on Broncos?
            enamel
            1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Originally posted by firecat View Post
              I think it's imaron? Isn't that laquer?
              I'm fairly certain Imron was not the OEM paint on Broncos. Imron is polyurethane enamel.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Summit Racing sells paint that is Acrylic Urethane, $89.95 for a Gallon, I think even with the reducer and activator it is still under $120. I think I will try that. But on their website it says shipping restrictions. I might have to drive up to Summit to buy it.
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

laquer over enamel is ok, but you definately dont want to try enamel over laquer! and why would you use laquer unless it's an old model T or something that came with it? (it's easy to shoot... but a pain to keep up)
                  C&H Paint off of broadway in Sacramento used to be a good place to get (PPG) a pretty decent paint.
                  Using inexpensive enamel is ok, just make sure you do a good job with the prep work.
                  '67 4bbl 351w 3spd 4.11 3.5'' 33'' Workin Project!
                  Most people will never imagine what Me and My Bronco have been through.

Comment

check out

www.tcpglobal.com

for all your painting needs
                    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Working...
                    X