power steering hoses help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering hoses help

Hopefully there is an easy fix to this...

I am trying to get the hoses for my power steering wrapped up. To be honest, I don't even know which pump I have (so I have attached pics). I have the 4X4/4X2 box and I think a saginaw pump with hose (high pressure I think). I found the end of the HP hose to be to big for the box.

Finally to my questions...
    Is there a premade hose for this or do I have to get one custom made?
    How about an adapter? I called WH and they said I may have to get a new hose made.
    Attached Files
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Re: power steering hoses help

the ports on your box look like the F100 box so it would be smaller. I have a stock bronco box and it does have a larger pressure port then the F100. You might need a different hose.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I was trying to hunt down hoses for my Bronco also, I ended up just getting some fittings and Russell Performance Hose. They sell the fittings in 45degree, 90 degree or straight. You can get -AN adapters from Speedway Motors #6174806 should fit your Saginaw pump. I'm not sure what your gear box takes but Summit racing will have it. It seems like a pain to track it all down, but in the end you get great hoses that look better than stock, and considering you are using a Ford gear box with a Chevy P/S pump you are going to have a tough time finding pre-crimped hoses for a stock application that will actually fit.
      Last edited by Efibroncoman; 02-18-2009, 05:27 PM.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Tubes and Hoses in stockton can make you a hose if you dont have someone over that way Jeff...
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Some napa's can make hoses too. I've had a bunch made at my local napa.

I bought the wildhorses saginaw, steering box and hydro assist setup and it all went together quite easy.
          1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Hose and Fitting in West Sacramento, just across the causway makes great Parker hose assemblies. You will need to know what size fittings you need though.

Justin
            1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Jeff I'm with EFIBroncoman, you can probably do the Aeroquip hose with re-useable ends for the same price of a custom hose. You just need to figure out if you have standard or metric fittings on your pump. It's quality field serviceable stuff and you get to make the hose fit good for however you want to route it.
              Last edited by Mike; 02-20-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks for al the info everybody. Since I don't know how to get the right sizes for Aeroquip stuff I will probably take the box out and have a hose made for me.
                Vacaville, Ca
                67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Jeff , the pump fitting will be a flare taking a 11/16" wrench or it will be a oring measuring 16mm across the threads.
                  At the box's inverted flare go by wrench size, I think it's 5/8"
                  Speedway will have the adaptor from these to AN.
                  http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Power-...tings,965.html

Then they will have the AN to Aeroquip reuseable. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AN8-FI...-END,7233.html
                  Last edited by Mike; 02-20-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I'll look at it a little more and gofrom there. I wanted to go with AN fittings for the carb too so maybe I'll just get it all at the same time.
                    Vacaville, Ca

Comment

Sure and while your at it, you'll want the Goodyear coolant hoses to match your trick blue power steering hose

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Jeff , the pump fitting will be a flare taking a 11/16" wrench or it will be a oring measuring 16mm across the threads.
                        At the box's inverted flare go by wrench size, I think it's 5/8"
                        Speedway will have the adaptor from these to AN.
                        http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Power-...tings,965.html

Then they will have the AN to Aeroquip reuseable. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AN8-FI...-END,7233.html
                        I agree!
                        I love the build your hose stuff becase it means you can swap it out and fix it easy on the trail.
                        Its then ideal to have all your steering hoses like this as you won't have to carry any spares.
                        For the Pump, I also suggest this.
                        http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatec...ering-fittings
                        This will give you the AN fitting on the back of you PS pump, also its already hogged out for more volume.
                        Last edited by welndmn; 02-23-2009, 09:49 AM.
                        Mark Harris
                        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Thanks again everybody for all the info.
                          Vacaville, Ca

Comment

We carry a hose just for that appliacation (4X4X2 box to Sag pump). Looks like I'm a little late on chiming in, but for future searches...

BTW, I do like the AN hoses and reusable hose ends and fittings. That's what I usually run on my own stuff, although we carry the pre-made hoses for our 4X4X2 kits.

Dusty

Comment

Working...
                            X