Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: westcoast or WH Rad Arms??

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
    No they dont hit. I have cage arms on mine as do others here. things start hitting and binding other places first before the arms hit the frame (tires/fenders,coil bind, bump stops,etc..). Remember, travel decreses as radius decreses...I thought the same thing when I was installing mine..LARS here on this board made a nice set of extended stock arms and a few run them here. check them out if you can search for the threads..Sillyfab did about the same too!! Nice, easy, strong, good looking too!!
    You have to take your Bronco off the paved road before anything will bind!

Comment

Lars Arms!!! Nuff said..

A
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

What do Lars (radius)arms look like?
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
          What do Lars (radius)arms look like?

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...=longer&page=1

Aaron
          Attached Files
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            You have to take your Bronco off the paved road before anything will bind!
            Hey! Leave my Mall Crawler out of this!!Besides, Our street Isint paved!!
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Sorry I missed this thread earlier but here's my take on the original question. Our arms aren't for everyone. That is, they're not the cheapest, they're not the longest, they're not the ones with the most tire clearance, etc. But they are the only ones you can buy that have won the Baja 1000 and the SCORE class 3 points championship many times over. Our arms were originally developed for the desert racing, go-fast application. That is why, for instance, they don't have a bend in them for tighter turning radius. Misjudge that big rock coming at you along the side of the course, and it will taco an arm that already has a bend started in it. But not everyone needs that feature.

Also, ours are the only ones available in what we believe is the best all-around length for "most" users: 6" longer than stock. This length seems to yield great wheel travel and articulaction without sacrificing as much body roll as the longer arms yield. Yes you can get farther up the articulation ramp with a 12" longer than stock arm. But for real-world wheeling, and for those of us who use our rigs for more than just rockcrawling, the 6" over stock length seems to be about the best all-around. Also, with the shorter arms, ours do not hit the bottom of the frame rail at full bump. That's not to say the 6" arms are slouches in the rocks. Our shop is only minutes away from the Hammers and our trucks do very well out there.

That said, we do also offer a 12" longer than stock version of our arms, and those do yield even more travel and articulation, but also more body sway. I'd say we sell about 50/50 between the two lengths. For most folks we recommend the shorties but you'd be surprised how many people have it figured out better than we do, and hey the customer's always right

Honestly I think any of the aftermarket arms are great. They all pretty much do the same thing, so go with whatever you like the looks of, or the price of, best. The Cage and Duff arms have a great reputation and provide awesome flex. The WH arms are more affordable but I like the idea of a big ol' heim more than bushings. Even a wristed arm or the WAH from BC is a great way to go. There are lots of choices out there, ours are just one of them. I've got our 12" over arms on my wife's rig, and I'll probably be putting a 3-link on my crawler whenever I get back around to tinkering on it.

Dusty

Comment

Working...
              X