need some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some opinions

just dropped the body back on the bronco this weekend, stretched the wheelbase to 100" exactly(4" in back and the rest up front-i think i was at like 91" or 91.5" so like 5" forward. i fabbed the mounts up to have it at 100" where it's at now and am able to bring it back maybe an inch and a half if i push it. question is should will flexible flares stretch forward enough to cover up what i will need to cut out of the fenders or should i move the axle rearward(will bow the coil springs some), or should i just cut the fenders and grill and leave it as is with no flares? just looking for some opinions, i have some more pictures and info in the build up section. any input is appreciated thanks,
    jonas

Re: need some opinions

Looks great. The warflares do stretch a lot. I would do a hybrid of both. Stretch the flares and then cut them off at the lower body line.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

WH/Gorrilla warflares will go to the bottom of the grill, look at crawlin68's setup. That is about how you will cut it to make it look right. his is pushed also...
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

great, so i think thats 2 for keeping it as is. ive got to fund some other things first to get it rolling so ill probably have to cut it before buying the flares and just make sure not to cut too much, thanks for the input-ill take a closer look at crawlin68's

Comment

Here are a couple pics of my front I think it is 3-4 inches forward. Gorilla flares and the grill is cut a little in the first pic
          Attached Files
          Last edited by brocbronc; 03-08-2009, 08:33 PM.
          69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

heres the one picture i have already, ill try to get a couple more. i basically cut everything off, moved the spring buckets forward, mounted the fj60 box forward and shock hoops. everything is close together but fits well. i made a new panhard rod bracket for the axle and frame. not quite finished, i still need to gusset both panhard brackets and sleeve the steering box bolt holes.

Comment

Mine tuck under the headlight.
              They strech pretty far, but no far enough to not be able to tell.
              I have always wanted to section the fender to center the tire in the wheel well, but seems like a lot of effort.
              Mark Harris
              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

heres another pic i found from earlier showing how it was laid out with the shock hoop mount going in the open gap between the steering box and panhard rod bracket

Comment

Working...
                X