Tire sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire sizes

I have a problem with the front tires rubbing on the rear fender well. I am running 33" with Wildhorses system 9 suspension (3.5" lift,2' body, same as system 10, without radius arms).Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0089.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	281454

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086.jpg
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	281453

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	281452

Re: Tire sizes

Wow, I run 37's with 3.5 lift, and 1" of body and don't hit like that. Do you have some crazy backspacing or wheel spacers? Is that the inner fender, or the firewall you are hitting. I don't have inner fenders on mine.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Impressive for just 33's! your backspacing on the rims are prob off (3.5" seems to work fine) and I would invest in some bump stops to save the tires from the 'body siping'
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Sawzall.

Dusty

Comment

never seen the front flex like that.. what kind of goodies are in the front...

never hit my sheet metal
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

bad to the bone

this isnt the WH project truck is it??
            {o===o}
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

something not right here.. look at the steering linkage and the cross member.. hmmm
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                bad to the bone this isnt the WH project truck is it??
                It was...

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                something not right here.. look at the steering linkage and the cross member.. hmmm
                I was there - I think its an optical delusion Aaron. His steering was not going to hit the crossmember.

His front suspension is nothing special - 3.5" springs on stock radius arms. It does flex well! I do not understand though why his 33" tires are rubbing when others with that configuration can run 37" tires with no rubbing.

Anybody have any other ideas? I've been trying to convince him to go with 37" tires but he proved to me that he's got clearance problems with 33's. It would suck to put bigger bumps on the front of that rig because you'd lose so much bump travel. As you all saw it does flex nice.

His wheels are 15x10 with no less than 3.5-4" of back spacing. The tires are 33x12.50. Is it possible that his springs have just sagged so much that he's actually sitting a lot lower than most who run a 3.5" lift? I didn't think the coils ever sagged that much.
                Last edited by CityHick; 03-20-2009, 05:36 AM.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Looks normal to me. When I had a 3.5" lift, 1" body, and 33x12.50s on 15 x 10 wheels mine stuffed both front and rear tires into the inner fenders. The front is real easy to clearance by cutting back the inner fenders. An 8" wide wheel would help in the front.
                  Last edited by highlander; 03-20-2009, 07:39 AM.
                  69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

You say stock ad arms??? Dude my stock arms maybe move a total of 8 inches. Need more detail? Is it due to the steering set up?
                    {o===o}

Comment

I assume it does not have drop radius arm brackets as well? (and it should not as they suck).
                      When you lifted the truck, with the stock radius arms, you loose about 1 inch of wheel base with the swing of the radius arm mounted in the stock bracket.
                      Your wheel choice is not helping.
                      Lets see some side shots.
                      Also measure your wheelbase from Center of the rear axle, to center of the Front hub.
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Could it's being stuffed like that have something to do with a 3.5" spring being shorter than a 5.5 spring when compressed? Just my uneducated view on things.
                        Last edited by blwngsket; 03-20-2009, 04:00 PM.
                        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                          Could it's being stuffed like that have something to do with a 3.5" spring being shorter than a 5.5 spring when compressed? Just my uneducated view on things.

WOW Is that the Vicodin talking?
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I took 3
                            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I have the Cage drop bracket, but I am using the upper "stock" hole. My wheel base is about 92.5". I just installed a new pair of wildhorses angled rubber radius arm bushing (frame side).

I bought the rig about 2 years ago from a guy who had all the original Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0070.jpg
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	259059

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	259058

Name:	IMG_0076.jpg
Views:	2