Bronco lean HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco lean HELP.

I added a 5.5 lift and exdended radius arms. It was 3.5 lift. I have taken it back apart three times with no change. What am I missing?
    sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Re: Bronco lean HELP.

bronco lean is caused by the C bushings.

put your axle on jack stands, make sure its level. The edge passenger side edge of the center section is the center of the axle and a could place to lay your level.

instal your radius arms, put jack stands under the ends. Now you can either run a board accross the back or just measure the height. The back of the radius arms has to be as level as possible.

to adjust, simply loosen and tighten the 4 bolts that clamp the arm to the axle. you'll notice that if you tighten the lower left, the arm pulls down and left. Upper right, pulls up and right.

once you've adjusted them all around put the torq wrench to'm (100lbs i believe)

instal front end back under bronco and viola
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Justin is right, it all depends on how you tighten the bolts to the caps. I do it little by little.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

You can also just put them on the jack stands and tighten them up. Then rotate the whole thing down until the bolt end of the arm touches the floor. If your floor is even the ends should contact the floor at the same time. Easier than trying to use the level / tape and doing simple math (for me anyway). Then just adjust the tightening sequence until you get them right.
        Last edited by blwngsket; 03-20-2009, 03:56 PM.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Thanks guys will try again this weekend and let you know.
          sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Put plenty of grease on the c-bushings so the seat and slide into place and the arms wid slide into place...
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
              Put plenty of grease on the c-bushings so the seat and slide into place and the arms wid slide into place...
              Or liquid dish soap
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I never tried grease or soap. I will try that tomarow.

Thanks Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                  Or liquid dish soap
                  Second dish soap
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Dish Soap
                    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

was going to finish this weekend but tonys project looks interesting sat.

Comment

Originally posted by u14 View Post
                        was going to finish this weekend but tonys project looks interesting sat.
                        Bring the Bronco, we can fix it too! easy, and I want to see your doors
                        Rick-
                        68 Slightly modified
                        67 LUBR once again
                        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                          You can also just put them on the jack stands and tighten them up. Then rotate the whole thing down until the bolt end of the arm touches the floor. If your floor is even the ends should contact the floor at the same time. Easier than trying to use the level / tape and doing simple math (for me anyway). Then just adjust the tightening sequence until you get them right.
                          X2. This works like a charm.

Comment

darn it I already dropped the 44. But I can bring the doors.

Comment

ok 4 degree bushings or 7

Comment

Working...
                              X