Cross Rear Hoop Installationinstruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Rear Hoop Installationinstruction

I am getting ready to install my rear hoop. I do not have the install instructions. Anyone have a set or at least know where to weld the mounts?
    Last edited by kwspony; 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Re: Cross Rear Hoop Installationinstruction

IIRC the lower mounts are supposed to be ~ 4" outboard from the pumpkin...
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Re: Cross Rear Hoop Installation instruction

Thanks Sean. I was wondering, If I wanted to go with a longer shock, could I move them out a bit farther?
      Last edited by kwspony; 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM.
      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Guess you could, but plan for any future upgrades as well. I had to cut one off and move it to the rear when I built my anti-wrap bar....
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Do you get alot of roll with those? I bought one to replace duff mount, But I was told I would get alot of roll on the road.
          sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

mine rides better with the inboard then it did with the stock setup, course i did FW at the same time.

Body roll is all about the shocks. I went with Phil (sillyfabs) advice and went with procomp3000 and I love'm. And for 28 bucks a piece who couldn't.

My shock mount is on the front of the axle all the way out next to the spring perch. and bolted to the inner most hole.
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Is the upper mount straight above the lowers or at an angle?

Comment

IIRC pretty much straight up, I can check my directions when I get home unless your welding it now
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Please check Rick, I hope to get it in this week. Thanks.

Comment

I set mine back a bit from directly above the lowers so when I move the diff back 3", i can just flip the shocks to the backside of the cross mount.

Comment

Left ya a msg, but: leaf spring perch inner (towards diff) to lead (outer) edge of lower mount is 4". Upper hoop is mounted directly above the axle housing (use bump stops as a reference) flush with the bottom of the frame, 1/4 - 3/8" below the floor (with a body lift go as high as you can and still keep a good weld, what I did, longer shocks, your choice here, my input-install)

Thats what it says with my extra input. Have fun 'bro you will love the flex. Give me a call if you need more info/clarification

Rick-
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

thanks Rick. I was under the bronco when you called. I got the mount mocked up and measured. 18-20" depending on which hole I use.

Comment

Good excuse Karl
                          68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Rick, are you running 10 or 12" shocks in the rear?

Comment

I'll check, but I think they came from my front.....
                              68 Slightly modified
                              67 LUBR once again
                              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X