EFI 02 sensors required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI 02 sensors required?

Hi Posted a question earlier but recieved no responses so I'll post it again..I have been running my EFI without 02 sensors for about 3 years now and have been happy with the performnace to date. I now have a new motor installed and am wondering if there is any major advantages to running the sensors. I know that at WOT the system goes back to open loop mode but will the driveability improve drastically in closed loop at part throttle? Thanks

Re: EFI 02 sensors required?

FordFreak would probably know.

Comment

Personally, I would (and do) run them. Running them will HELP the ECM determine fuel mixture throughout all of the running conditions (start up, warm start, normal running, WOT, etc....) Might even help with fuel mileage.
      Last edited by crawlin68; 04-08-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

x2 for running o2's. the main purpose for them is to keep the a/f ratio at or near 14.7. the driveability and mileage will be much better all the time other than open loop start-up and wot where they are ignored for enrichment . the heater power to the sensor speeds up the warmup for quicker cold closed loop operation and keeps them from cooling off to much at extended idle operation.the real plus is the greeny points for helping ca. clean up the worlds air all by ourselves.
        6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Working...
        X