Left and right rad arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left and right rad arms

Not sure that anyone cares but for those who hadn't thought about it the radius arm clamps are left and right sided.I found this out when I was getting measurments to build mine. The side of the clamp that attaches to the arm is wider toward the center of the vehicle than it is on the outside of the vehicle. Just some food for thought.
    sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Re: Left and right rad arms

Hmmmm, that is interesting to know. Good info. Thanks for posting it. Mine are welded on, so I don't need to go out a check to see if there are on correct. But those of you guys that have recently replaced your radius arm bushings or installed a new lift, you might want to check to make sure you have your clamps on correctly.

Comment

I don't want to know if mine are backwards! I'd almost guarantee they are so I don't want to check!
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Mine sits level the way it is, so I am going to leave it as is...
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

If they were on wrong what issue would they cause? Lean maybe?
          1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Honestly the difference really wasnt much and I was probably running mine backwards too. The only thing it would do is squash the c-bushing more and increase the tension on the bolts and maybe angle the arms outward a skoosh. Nothing detrimental but if you are reinstalling rad arms for any reason might as well put them on the right way. If you look closely at the two sides that contact the c-bushing you can see it with the naked eye and a good reference is to measure the distance to the bolt hole one side to the other. T.
            sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

Working...
            X