Cooling fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling fan?

Currently there is a electric cooling fan mounted on the radiator and i am not very confident in it. does anyone have recomendations on the fix pitch fans? i just dont want the electric fan to go out and be stuck somewhere i have never had one of these. what should i do?

Re: Cooling fan?

under Norcal Bronsc Trip and Trail Reports; see post on 9/19/2007 "Thompson Lake Trip (Dusy Ershim)" by highlander. Great story about how one failure took his whole rig down.
    I notcied that fixed pitch (stock steel fans) don't draw air well at low RPM's. My Grey EB uses an aftermarket flex fan and that thing works great. I am going to backfit my white EB with one. Only downside is when your working under the hood - one slip and those flex blades will slice the shit out your hand!
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

are flex fans loud?

Comment

I think they are quieter than a fixed blade fan, but they sound different. They seems to make a "ZING!" noise. You could try OEM fans, from different cars. I have a Ford Taurus electric fan on mine and although I have yet to drive it on a hot day, there are lots of stories online about people using them to cool V8's up to 700HP. The only problem is it is 4.5" thick, so something has to change in order to make it fit.
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

If your exhaust is as loud as mine you will never hear the fan.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Marc- I think only Dennis Anderson has exhaust as loud as yours, or John Force.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Flex fan on mine,,, Quiet,keeps things cool.....There is a factory Ford flex fan that was an option on broncos,,,,,,76-77...Fixed blade clutch fan is a good way to go also....
              Last edited by TBS-POPS; 04-20-2009, 04:34 AM.
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

There ad says 6000 rpm. Still not bad as my little 302 hardly ever sees 6000.
                Jack

Originally posted by caryt
                Best fan IMO is a fixed 7 blade fan by Derale good to 8k rpm. They will out flow any other type of fan. Flex fans can't touch these , as the rpm increases a flex fan will loose cfm as the blades flatten out. They were developed for drag cars that didn't get much street use.
                Here's a link ...http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Produc...75-18&deptId=0

http://www.derale.com/rigid-race-fans.html
                73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

I run a flex fan and had overheating issues during the summer around town in Sacramento. I added a temperature switched fan with a manual switch in the cab. It's a slimlinefan mounted to the front of the radiator and it hasn't overheated on me since(knocks on wood). I think it cost me $60 and I still have the info for it if you want to find something similar.
                  71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
                  nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by caryt
                    I don't know why they list it at 6k when Derale says 8k??? either way should be more than enough for a EB..we don't have drag cars
                    Some times I like to think mine is a drag car, but I still don't spin much over 6K.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                    X