injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injectors?

my injectors are not firing. i have a 86' mustang in it. she would not start after sitting for too long while i was gone on a job. i charged my batts fixed my fuel pump and now she tries to start but wont.
    i checked my filters and i can hear my pump working. i have fuel up to the motor but there is not alot of pressure.

Re: injectors?

Are you running one fuel pump or two?
    What's your pressure at the injectors?
    How long was it sitting? Did you pull the injectors to see if they are gummed up?
    Last edited by tim; 04-26-2009, 03:16 PM.

Comment

one fuel pump and my pressure gage says like 50psi but when i take the line off at the gage it barely come out. it should shoot out pretty good right? i had a buddy come look at it and he hooked something up to see if the injectors were firing and they are not. it was sitting for about 3 months maybe 4. the wiring is a mess, im kind of wondering if i should just switch to carb. im mostly a pavement pounder do a little wheeling but i have not done alot yet. any suggestions?

Comment

I don't think your injectors are plugged, I think you need to prime your system. essentially, turn the key to run, then off, then back to run. And keep on doing this for about ten minutes or more. Then try to start it. The injectors should not have gone bad just sitting there, but your system will drain. On my 5.0 parts truck, it took me about 20-30 mins of priming until it fired up. once that happened i didnt have a problem with it.
        Last edited by TRAILBOUND; 04-26-2009, 04:47 PM.
        72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Do as Trailbound say's but I would like to add after a few key trys I would bleed the air were you hooked up a gage
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

You could also try to jumper the pump and let it run til you hear fuel running back to the tank. May be easier than doing it with the key and having it run a few seconds at a time. Did your friend get a specific code for the injectors?

Comment

I like the jumper to the pump idea definatly would save some time.

when the diesel guys do it, they put a test plug in the filler neck with an air connection and pressureize the tank. just a little trick to speed up the process.
              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Run the diagnostic codes on the ECM. That will tell exactly what's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                  I don't think your injectors are plugged, I think you need to prime your system. essentially, turn the key to run, then off, then back to run. And keep on doing this for about ten minutes or more. Then try to start it. The injectors should not have gone bad just sitting there, but your system will drain. On my 5.0 parts truck, it took me about 20-30 mins of priming until it fired up. once that happened i didnt have a problem with it.

i will give this a try tonight. and get back to you guys. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    Ditto
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                      ill try this next... nothing else has worked so ya...

Comment

Working...
                      X