Which Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Master Cylinder

Looking to see which Master Cylinder seems to work for Disc/drum combo non Power. I'd like to keep the brake lines where they are (Driver side) of Master cylinder. I see the FOrd F-250 with dual piston calipers may work. It shouldn't be an issue if I only have single piston should it? Just a larger reservoir?? Thanks

Re: Which Master Cylinder

Originally posted by broncsport74 View Post
    Looking to see which Master Cylinder seems to work for Disc/drum combo non Power. I'd like to keep the brake lines where they are (Driver side) of Master cylinder. I see the FOrd F-250 with dual piston calipers may work. It shouldn't be an issue if I only have single piston should it? Just a larger reservoir?? Thanks
    The stock drum/drum master cylinder will work, you just need to remove the residual valve. The "camper special" MC has a pretty large bore and will require a lot more pedal force, good for power brakes, but not so good for manual.
    To remove the residual valve just remove the front brake line at the MC, should be the back one, then find a screw that fits into the cap in the port and use it to pull the cap. Behind the cap is a spring and a BB, pull these out, replace the cap and reconnect the line.
    If you have a problem with the rear brakes locking up you can install a disc/drum proportioning valve or an adjustable proprtioning valve. I would try it without first most people, myself included, find they don't need them.
    Last edited by highlander; 05-18-2009, 06:59 AM.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Working...
    X