hp dana 60 rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hp dana 60 rear

ok so im gathering up all my parts to start building shortly, ive got a hp 60 for the front and a regular 60 for the rear , the question i have is for you guys running a 203 205 doubler setup what is your rear driveshaft like , ill be running 5.5 lift with this doubler havent got the adapter parts yet but it looks like it will be WH for the 435 to 203 and JEB for the 203 205 adapt. i have a whole pile of hp60 fronts and could cut one up to make a hp rear if it would make a big difference in drivline for the rear. oh yeah the rear axle is also moved back about 4 inches. thanks hope this all is understandable, im asking here because it seems like a lot of similar aimed buildups here .

Originally posted by fordnut
    ok so im gathering up all my parts to start building shortly, ive got a hp 60 for the front and a regular 60 for the rear , the question i have is for you guys running a 203 205 doubler setup what is your rear driveshaft like , ill be running 5.5 lift with this doubler havent got the adapter parts yet but it looks like it will be WH for the 435 to 203 and JEB for the 203 205 adapt. i have a whole pile of hp60 fronts and could cut one up to make a hp rear if it would make a big difference in drivline for the rear. oh yeah the rear axle is also moved back about 4 inches. thanks hope this all is understandable, im asking here because it seems like a lot of similar aimed buildups here .

I can measure mine tonight but I think my rear drive shaft is around 32 inches long. I've moved my rear axle back 4 inch also. I've been looking for a long time for an empty front D60 housing to build a high pinion rear out of but can't find a reasonably priced one anywhere. Do you have an extra one that you want to get ride of?

Comment

I think it'll be a waste of time and a weaker option for the rearend. d-line will be fine...plus you could sell the extras for other mods.
      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

you would be better off building a full floater 9". The dana 60 hangs to low unless you use a danatrac housing
        70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

well i keep looking at your truck crawlin68 to try to guage the rear driveshaft angle and a guess since i have the rears laying around here and the access to the machine work i think ill give the high pinion 60 rear axle a shot i figure i can only improve from the reg 60 rear. i do have a lot of complete hp60 front axles so when the smoke clears ill let you know what ive got it prob wont be too much to ship just the center. ill keep you guys posted. john

Comment

Sounds good. Where you located?

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbronco
              you would be better off building a full floater 9". The dana 60 hangs to low unless you use a danatrac housing
              I have a FF 9" 31 spline. Just as strong as a 35spl. semi float. I beat it with 40's and have never had an issue. I do run flanges as the hubs are crap back there. I also have the regular banjo housing that has plenty of clearance....especially compared to the 60.
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                I have a FF 9" 31 spline. Just as strong as a 35spl. semi float. I beat it with 40's and have never had an issue. I do run flanges as the hubs are crap back there. I also have the regular banjo housing that has plenty of clearance....especially compared to the 60.
                what setup are you using for the full floater (spindles and such) what is your driveshaft angle like, this is my main reason for the hp 60 in the rear, to lessen driveshaft angle. my dream setup would be full floater 9 in rear and 609 front both with true hi9. but that will cost big bucks compared to my free stack of dana 60s and cheap machine work. id love to see your setup.

Comment

The rear is all Warn. I have my 2 degrees of driveline misalignment at the pumpkin with 2 inch blocks that have a 2 degree rake.
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

guess i should have read your specs at the bottom of your post, my bad. ill have to get all my parts together and coordinate with the machinist and see what we come up with. ill post the results. thanks, john

Comment

Hey Fordnut, just wondering if you had a chance to go through your parts to see if you had an extra HP 60 housing or center section? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                        Hey Fordnut, just wondering if you had a chance to go through your parts to see if you had an extra HP 60 housing or center section? Thanks.
                        Yeah, yeah, what he said. I PM'd you about the same thing when this thread first started, find any thing?

Galen
                        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

it looks like right now i have a complete hp 60 ill be cutting up for parts this weekend ill post what ive got when the smoke clears, im located in new jersey but just a center or knuckles shouldnt be too bad to ship.

Comment

Originally posted by fordnut
                            it looks like right now i have a complete hp 60 ill be cutting up for parts this weekend ill post what ive got when the smoke clears, im located in new jersey but just a center or knuckles shouldnt be too bad to ship.

If you have the center left over, I'll buy it from you. Hopefully the shipping on the just the center section won't be too bad. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
                            X