Power brakes vs. hydroboost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power brakes vs. hydroboost

I'm fairly new to the bronco world but loving my 68. I'm looking to upgrade the brakes and was planning on keeping the drums in the rear and converting the front to disc. My bigger question is power? How do I choose between a hydroboost or power brake set up? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Todd

Re: Power brakes vs. hydroboost

What size tires are you running?

Comment

Yeah....we need more info in order to make a recommendation. Intended use for the Bronco? Tire size, how old and tired is your engine? How good do you really want to stop? Do you want to piece some stuff together yourself or do you want a bolt on solution?
      Last edited by crawlin68; 06-24-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Also do you have power steering?

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

I'll make it simple

If you drive mainly on paved surfaces then regular PB

If your gonna wheel it, alot, HBB

reasoning is simple:

If you wheel, then odds are you'll never be satisfied, so go big from jump street and save yourself the headache and cash down the road. You should easily be able to put together a HB system (assuming you already have PS) for less then half of what a kit cost's. I have less then 150 into mine, but i cheesed it on the lines and went rubber instead of steel.
          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I have fairly strong 289. The miles are fairly low and been running well since I've had it. I did install the "Extreme Heavy Duty" Wild Horses PS as well. I have 31's but plan to put on 35's once I lift it. Mostly weekend street driving right now but plan to do more wheeling once I get the brakes and the lift complete...that said... I don't see my self being a hardcore wheeler (yet) but more of I want to have it ready to wheel with my family and friends. Does that help?

Comment

I think a good power brake would be fine.

Comment

Working...
              X