Air Compressor Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Compressor Mounting

I've got a air compressor bracket that fits on the right (driver side). Preliminary eyeball fitment doesn't look like it will work on that side due to the power steering pump. What are you guys doing for air compressor placement and bracketry? I'm only interested in york style compressor applications. pictures are very welcome and speak volumes.
    Last edited by FLYINHIE; 07-03-2009, 12:40 PM.
    sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Re: Air Compressor Mounting

I started with a factory steel GM Saginaw bracket and built a custom combo bracket for my serpentine saginaw P/S pump and my serpentine York compressor. The York is mounted at an angle below the P/S pump and I have all the accesories driven by one serpentine belt. It took some time figuring it out, but everything works and it all fits......snugly.

I have posted pics of my setup before, you might be able to do a search and find it. Kinda hard to see in the pics, but if you want to come over and check it out in person, let me know.
    Last edited by Efibroncoman; 07-03-2009, 01:24 PM.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Re: Air Compressor Mounting

So I was able to get the air compressor bracket mounted along with the power steering pump and everything fits nicely. I have a junker air compressor that I placed on top and it hits the power steering pump fill cap. I can make a spacer plate and space it up higher but I'm concerned that it will then be too high and not clear the hood.(engine is out of the vehicle and currently on an engine stand) so my question is this.....Is anyone running there compressor in this location sitting on the large flat cast bracket that I believe is stock. It places the compressor above the power steering pump. If pictures would help I can supply them. I don't want to fab something up because I don't have that kind of time and this paticular location really looks clean...........as long as it will fit. HELP Thanks EFIBroncoman but I'm trying to avoid fabbing another piece of metal especially since the brackets I'm trying to use fit so nicely.
      sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

Working...
      X