Cross Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Member

Been reading and admiring the Bronco builds on here. Great site. I have a question. I've installed a np435,205 with 1410 yokes in my 67 bronco and can't decide on how to build the cross member. Its going to be used for off-road only and need some ideas on materials and mounts that will hold up to rocks. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Bron67
    Been reading and admiring the Bronco builds on here. Great site. I have a question. I've installed a np435,205 with 1410 yokes in my 67 bronco and can't decide on how to build the cross member. Its going to be used for off-road only and need some ideas on materials and mounts that will hold up to rocks. Any ideas would be appreciated.

When I built my crossmember for my 435/203/205 set up I used some 1 x 2 x 1/4 inch wall rectangle tubing. Where the crossmember attaches to the frame, I used some rear leaf spring bushings to keep the vibration down. I used the same rectangle tubing to fab a little side mount for the 205 to the frame too. Here are some pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank You for the info and pictures. This gives me something to do this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bron67
        Thank You for the info and pictures. This gives me something to do this weekend.

No problem, let me know if have any more questions. Post some pics of yours as you built it this weekend.

Comment

Those bushing assemblies are great. Don't know where you get your but check out offroaddesign.com they have a good selection and I think the prices are reasonable too.
          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
            Those bushing assemblies are great. Don't know where you get your but check out offroaddesign.com they have a good selection and I think the prices are reasonable too.

I custom built the assemblies myself. I bought the rear leaf spring bushings from JBG.

Comment

Working...
            X