Can You say *Pissed Off*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You say *Pissed Off*

After a very good evening figuring out my rigs stability issue I go to the garage to find I have a rear main leak . Since I have to kinda dig into it any way and I'd rather not have a trans fall on my arm again, I may as well pull and rebuild the motor with the cam I want. Needless to say this has to happen pretty fast if I'm to make the Rubicon run. Anybody help me out here with a good rebuild or a connection that won't break the bank?

This is the last thing I needed.

1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Re: Can You say *Pissed Off*

Why dont we just put a seal in it Tony so you can run it and pull it this winter and get it rebuilt... we have the knowledge......plus I have a really good, cheap connection for machine work....
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I'm with Jeff. Just do the rear main right now.
      I think we will have to put a lift kit on my cherry picker to use it on your bronco though.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

x3, pull the engine. We will need short rollers for the rig like Marc said. Set a day
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Try a Sneaky-Pete:

http://www.handsontools.com/Lisle%20...te=google_base
          70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

speedy sleeve it and go.
            unless its just the seal, then replace that.(im not used to seeing a shaft that isn't gald/scratched/worn)
            Last edited by Toyoda; 07-15-2009, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
              Why dont we just put a seal in it Tony so you can run it and pull it this winter and get it rebuilt... we have the knowledge......plus I have a really good, cheap connection for machine work....
              TRUE!!! New seal, Rubicon, then pull and rebuild...
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Sounds about like my newly acquired transfer case oil leak... Frustrating as hell.
                I agree with the others, replace the seal first, then yank the engine this winter to rebuild it the way you want it.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

How bad does it leak?
                  Most rear main leaks are a little weep, I would not worry about.
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

My EB rear main (I think) leaked pretty bad when I first bought it. The guy had just installed a new motor. After driving it for a while, the leak went away completely.

Maybe just run some seal conditioner and high mileage oil in it and run that puppy! The seal may just be dry from sitting?
                    70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

I don't remember if the 5.0 has a 1 or 2 piece main, I'm thinking 2. That means you don't have to pull the motor, just change out the seal. If it's a 1, and you're going to pull the motor anyway, it doesn't take long to put in a new cam, heads, etc.

What computer are you running?
                      www.ironbender.com

Comment

I'm thinking I can pull the motor, replace the seal. Install the cam I want and some heads. The motor was rebuilt about 30 thou ago and the oil pressure is good. The bottom end should be good. Seal prob went cause the engine sat for a while. I'll order the parts from Summit while I'm on my 10 day work week and figure out the day for the engine pull/cam install. Looks like tony's finally gonna have a wrenching party where some wrenches get turned.
                        I'll have the house bitch cook up a couple tri tips and I'll have some colds ones on the ready.

Sound good?
                        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Thinking about ordering this cam
                          http://www.compcams.com/Cam_Specs/Ca...csid=1048&sb=2

What you guys think? Any of the motor guys have a head combo they like for this? Like to keep the compression around 9 to 9.5 for the crappy gas we get at the pump.
                          Last edited by blwngsket; 07-15-2009, 10:53 AM.

Comment

How many cc's would you guys suggest in the head chambers and runners.
                            I'm looking at Edlbrock performer series alum or world products cast.

Comment

I've heard really good things about the AFR aluminum heads... Worth putting into your comparison.
                              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Working...
                              X