Need EFI help. I fixed it good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need EFI help. I fixed it good!

I just got done installing my RJM EFI harness today and there is good news and bad news. The good news is that it started right up and seems to idle very nicely. The bad news is that I am getting all kinds of error codes that I don't know what to do with. These are the KOEO codes:

Can one of you EFI experts help me out with these? According to the list of codes on fordfuelinjection.com it looks like most of these codes are the sensors reporting that they are out of voltage range. But I don't know what to do about it?? Did I hook something up wrong? Help!

Check all your grounds, looks like the 'puter dosent 'see' the sensors....
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

The RJM harness only has one ground cable and I put it on one of the rear manifold bolts just like the instructions said to. I double checked my engine to body, body to frame and body to engine grounds and they all look great. (All of the ground cables are brand new 4 gauge cables)

Could I have a bad computer? I don't have a spare that I could plug in to see. Maybe I'll see if I can find another EEC. I can always use it as a trail spare anyway.

Comment

I have a couple here in Sacto, but quite a trip just to test. Looks like Lars on the list shed quite a bit of light on the prob, good luck and let us know what you find

Rick-
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I think that I have narowed it down to a fried computer. So I am looking to buy an A9L if you've got one that you want to sell. Let me know.

Originally posted by Broncrick
          I have a couple here in Sacto, but quite a trip just to test. Looks like Lars on the list shed quite a bit of light on the prob, good luck and let us know what you find

Rick-

Comment

Ebay has always had several. Call Ron Morris, he has them for sale..
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Well I bought a used EEC off of eBay today and the guy was local to me, so I went and picked it up tonight. I plugged it in and started her up. All of the error codes are gone!!!

I guess I had a bad EEC. The only codes that I get now are 81, 82, 84 and 85 which are all smog related (TAB, TAD and EGR) and don't cause the check engine light to stay on. I am a happy camper!

Comment

Congrats, glad it was that easy a fix!
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

So, I guess it neccessary to wire in a check engine light when you do this EFI 5.0 swap?
                  Chris
                  70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
                    So, I guess it neccessary to wire in a check engine light when you do this EFI 5.0 swap?
                    Chris

Yes. It won't even start without one. And it is a huge advantage having the light to diagnose problems. My situation was kind unique because I was getting all of my sensors reporting out of voltage range. Either all of the sensors were bad (highly unlikely) or the EEC was bad. It just seemed more probable that it was the EEC.

Comment

Working...
                    X