5.0 and block clutch mount Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.0 and block clutch mount Q

Got the 435 in, 20 is in w/drivelines, working on the EFI wiring now, getting darn close (r)

But one part of research I missed (or forgot) is the clutch mounting 'ball' bracket to the 5.0 block. No holes exist like the old block. What did you others do? checked a few catalogs, nada... time to fab?

Thanks, Rick-
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

maybe go hydrolic? what did the 5.0 stangs have for their clutch linkage?
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I drilled and tapped the hole in the block. The area behind the flat mounting surface is open so don't worryabout drilling. The area is 1/2 inch thick and mine has held up for 5+years...
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I just installed a clutch equalizer bracket from Wild Horses 4x4 it sells for 20 bucks and easy to install.

Comment

Carl, if I had pre-thought this I could/would, dont see the room now for that now, thanks tho'...

Bronc67, didnt see it (way too many catalogs) I'll check, thanks!

Karl, I like the simplicity of manual chit
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I have one of those 5.0 clutch conversion brackets from WH CLICK HERE (about half way down the page) that I never used if you want it. $10 and it's yours. I bought it and then decided to go hydraulic.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
              I have one of those 5.0 clutch conversion brackets from WH CLICK HERE (about half way down the page) that I never used if you want it. $10 and it's yours. I bought it and then decided to go hydraulic.
              Sold! I'll PM my info
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

If you are going to be at the meet tomorrow I'll show you what we (Rokcrln and I) did for mine.
                70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

I built a little bracket that ties into the tranny bolts and puts a hole where the old blocks had one
                  69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

Working...
                  X