Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan filled EB C4 guts into Case filled housing

Anyone tried this?

I was thinking it would be better that way I could use a deep sump pan etc. Only benefit that I can see?

From what I remember the EB c4 (or c5 as tranny shopp call them) is a better case then the case fill models. If you look at where the bell housing bolts to a regular c4 and an EB c4 you will see one of the differances. The EB case has the bell housing bolt on out side of the pump ( larger bolt patern) and the car c4(or non EB) has the bell housing bolt to the pump. Also the EB pan is not just dipped in th emiddle for more oil but their is a suction tube that drops down into that dip and keeps the pump from sucking air. So just adding a larger oil pan will not do the trick. Trust me it sucks to be on a real steep incline and have your car c4 suck air. Instantly it is like someone popped it into nutral

Kevin
    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up so I reconsidered.

Comment

I am going to use the deep sump from Hughes. It is a pan fill model with the threaded insert installed already for the fill tube. I am using the deep sump with fins simply for the heat dispersion.

I ran the issue of the C4 sucking air by Brad Lovell today. They simply fill the tranny all the way up till the fluid comes out the fill tube. They installed a catch can on the tranny overflow in the case of a spill. He has never had an instance where the pump sucked air.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
        X