i need more advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need more advice

i would like to geta cage made... the crab cage looks awsome i would love to get one but i can not seen to get intouch with craby.... could you guys please give me some more help???? motor is out tranny is out and transfer case is out... pulling the body off tomorrow and going to send it to the body shop so they can start on it....what do you guys think about sand blasting my frame and front and rear end??? then por 15ing it??? advice please
    thanks mike

Re: i need more advice

Sand will be forcerd every were. just something to think about.
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

If you're serious about blasting the frame, I'd suggest getting it powder coated. If you're happy with the suspension or at least have all your planned mods done, powder is tough stuff and will preserve the frame better than just about anything. POR is OK but not at all UV stable. It's not a big deal on things like a frame but anything that'll see prolonged sunlight will need a good topcoat over the POR. The biggest thing I have against POR is that it's completely not chemical resistant. Gas, brake fluid, etc, will pull it right off, immediately, and it's not the easiest to touch up.

Blasting an empty diff housing shouldn't be a big deal, you'll just have to get every single grain of sand out before assembly of course.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

thanks for helping me think this through guys keep it coming ... who else would you guys recomend for a cage... cityhick i really like how your seats mont on your cage im in a small town and have to travel to get most of this done so im up for some of your thoughts on the cage...
        thanks guys
        mike

Comment

just remember you don't have to blow your wad all at once. you can get a basic cage for now, then add the rear family portion, then the seat tie ins. Its really not that big of a deal to yank a cage and add on.
          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

hey trail bound i see your from valley springs i have a friend who lives there his name is rich reed he is a plumber and his business is reed plumbing any way you know him??? he says it a pretty small town.
            mike

Comment

FYI, my seat mount is my own creation.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

How soon do you need a cage? Mine will be coming out in a couple months....6 pt WH cage with a few add-ons.....
                '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                  How soon do you need a cage? Mine will be coming out in a couple months....6 pt WH cage with a few add-ons.....
                  probably 1.5/2 months let me know
                  mike

Comment

Working...
                  X