Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what sized ram?

Ram on Pirate.

It is. 1.5 bore 6" stroke with hoses for 125. Is this the rigjt size, and is it a good deal?

Thanks.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: what sized ram?

Mines an 8" and I use every bit of it.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

You'll want an 8 inch stroke. (that what she said) LOL.

Comment

Speak for yourselves you perverts...

I have read that the Surplus City rams are a great affordable option. Like this one. Would it work?

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.a...7258-8&catname=

Also, 3/8's hydraulic line or 5/16th?

Thanks!
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Not to highjack, but what are you guys doing for a steering gear? Can the stock power steering gear be drilled and tapped for ram assist, or will I have to buy the custom PSC bronco box?
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I sent my box in to pcs and they ported it, but it was not the stock box.
            1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

4x4x2 box sent to west texas offroad..
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

8" ram
                that ram might work, but for a little more you can get the real deal, http://www.pscmotorsports.com/sc2200...der-p-552.html

PSC all the way for a port and tap.

Comment

That's what I have. SWEET
                  1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

The psc 1.75 inch ram seems to be the best for assist.
                    The surplus city rams work but they are all in the 2 inch size range. This makes them just a little slow to react on the road.
                    You need and 8 inch stroke.
                    I have a 1.5 on mine and it bent stupid easy.
                    Mark Harris
                    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

i have learned 8" works for big tires than 1.5 would work and works if you are driving on street too....if only off road more than go with 2".
                      What can I fix next?

Comment

I cant remember how much stroke I have but I know its a PSC 1.75 ram. Gonna have my spare EB box rebuilt and tapped along running a PSC Pump and res.

Comment

I have a 2" ram with 8" of stroke and it works fine on the street. I think I need a bigger pump to get the full use of it off road. Don't forget to pull the steering stops they may limit travel but either way I want a ram that has less movement then my front end.

FM <><
                          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Working...
                          X