wh trackbar riser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wh trackbar riser

getting ready to install my wild horses trackbar riser and the fit doesn't look right...can anyone show me some pics of yours...possiblly before and after pics so i can get an idea of how it should look...thanks.

sonny

Re: wh trackbar riser

Is it sitting too far from the stock bracket? A friend of mine had that problem with his and ended up re-bending it with a huge brake where he works. Might be worth a call to WH, might have been a bad run of them...
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

mine didn't look right either. there is a gap between the pass. side of the bracket and the axle housing. I filled it when I welded it on.
      Attached Files
      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Here are the only pics I can find right now. Looks like I have the same gap as Karl.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by earlybronco72; 07-27-2009, 07:22 PM.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

yup same pag filled it in with weld.
          1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

I don't recall mine having a gap here is a pic anyway................on second thought I guess mine did have a gap. 2 years later it doesn't seem to have affected anything one way or the other
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Formerjughead; 07-27-2009, 10:44 PM.
            Brad
            Chico, Ca.

Comment

I'm about to install mine but I have another problem, The cast mount on a 78 dana 44 if anyone has pics that would be great! tanx
              sigpic

Comment

before you install it I would cut it straight across between the top hole and the middle hole like in some of the pics. mine hits the frame
                sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Comment

Originally posted by TWISTER View Post
                  I'm about to install mine but I have another problem, The cast mount on a 78 dana 44 if anyone has pics that would be great! tanx
                  i would like to see what you come up with as all my running gear is done and i'll be putting the 5.5 lift on week after next. i have a narrowed eb width 79 hp44 with the cast riser as well.
                  6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
                    before you install it I would cut it straight across between the top hole and the middle hole like in some of the pics. mine hits the frame
                    Mine hit the frame really hard before I cut it off, and it hit after I cut it off. The stock bumpstop raised up works good. Some day I will have airbumps.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

does it matter if you have the trac bar riser as you have or....., using the drop track bar setup? thanks.
                      What can I fix next?

Comment

Originally posted by 5150bronco View Post
                        does it matter if you have the trac bar riser as you have or....., using the drop track bar setup? thanks.
                        If you are doing the Tie Rod over you have to use a riser or else the draglink will hit the track bar mounting bolt. This is especially true if you are using the chevy one ton Tie Rod and Drag link ends.

Brad
                        Brad
                        Chico, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerjughead View Post
                          If you are doing the Tie Rod over you have to use a riser or else the draglink will hit the track bar mounting bolt. This is especially true if you are using the chevy one ton Tie Rod and Drag link ends.

Brad
                          I am using dana 60 axle so I guess I would have to than. using 3 link in front and panhard so I would need the riser too than. ???
                          What can I fix next?

Comment

Originally posted by 5150bronco View Post
                            I am using dana 60 axle so I guess I would have to than. using 3 link in front and panhard so I would need the riser too than. ???
                            I think it more of an "either or" you don't need both. All I can assure you of is that once you get you "High Steer" in place you will see what I am talking about.

I do know that if you use both a Trac Bar Riser and a drop bracket your trac bar will be too long.

***IN my earlier post I said your drag link will hit. I meant to say your Tie Rod will hit the lower mounting bolt of you Trac bar.*****
                            Last edited by Formerjughead; 08-07-2009, 06:37 PM.
                            Brad
                            Chico, Ca.

Comment

Damn it Brad! Get it right the first time!!!
                              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X