Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP 435 Question

Hey All,

Is there any prob with swapping out a "tall" shift tower with a "short" one on my NP435?

TIA

Sean
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Re: NP 435 Question

You mean the whole top cover?
    I don't think so, I think the Tall and Short shifters are because of a difference in the cover.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

If there is no difference in the shift forks (length and so on). I don't see why not. Don't know if you can put your old forks into the new tower, wouldn't think so.
      My opinion on limmited knowledge/ disclamer off.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Thanks guys, now, does anyone know where to find the stock pigtail and terminal that fits the b/up lite switch? I know I can solder two wires on there, but was trying to go OEM if I could.

Sean
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

I remember seeing one offered in one of the early bronco catalogs. I need one so I'll look for it.
          sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Sean, are you ditching the body lift or what?
            About the reverse switch pigtail, it isn't fancy but I just used normal old crimp connectors to push onto the spade connectors on the switch.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
              Sean, are you ditching the body lift or what?
              About the reverse switch pigtail, it isn't fancy but I just used normal old crimp connectors to push onto the spade connectors on the switch.
              Not yet. I kinda got a little A.R. when I did my wiring awhile ago and I never had a b/up lite switch on my tranny. I came across a deal and trading mine out. I found the stock connector, but the friggin' thing is $23 shipped, so considering my options.

Did you solder the spade to the switch?

Comment

My reverse light switch has two male spade connectors coming out of it. I crimped on two female connectors to the wires, then loomed and shrink wrapped them back to a weatherpack connector on my harness. Its not the cleanest method but it does work. $23 seems a bit high for a special connector that you never see, IMHO. I do understand though...
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Yup, got it. My switch has 2 pin connectors.

Comment

Working...
                  X