Help designing a rear bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help designing a rear bumper?

I think I lost my creativity. I need help designing a rear bumper. I want something that doesn't change my clearance that much. I don't need a tire carrier, just the bumper. I wanted to do something that protects the side of the rear corner panel like Patrick just did with that Jeep. I have 1 3/4 tube and 1 1/4 tube. Photoshop your ideas or just tell me what you are thinking. I will post a photoshop drawing of what I was thinking in a little bit. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 08-20-2009, 08:47 AM.

Re: Help designing a rear bumper?

Here is what I was thinking. 1 1/4 tube top and bottom. Wrap around the sides to protect the corner panel a little. Plate the middle and dimple die it. Let me know honestly.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 08-20-2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I like the second one.

Comment

Dimple dies are pimp! Do you have a set of dies? I like the second one.

Comment

I don't have a set. I am hoping someone has them and can do it for me or take it to a shop. I would like to get a set one day because once you have the set, everything is going to be dimpled.

Comment

I like the second bumper too.
            Vacaville, Ca
            67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

i like the second one. maybe not as rigid of bends though, little for uniform with with the tire. roundness.
              What can I fix next?

Comment

i like the second one. maybe not as rigid of bends though, little for uniform with with the tire. roundness.
                They will be nice bends. It is easier to draw straight lines in photoshop. Thanks

Comment

My vote is for #2 too
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

My vote is for the second one - good lines and approach angle.

Comment

I like #2 too... and it is giving me even more ideas for my redesign!
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

#2 it is. It is going to be hard to make the bends perfect. This will probably be the hardest bends I have done because I need to make the bends on different axis. I am going to come flat with the frame then I need to angle up and closer to the body (frame sticks out further then the body), then back flat with the body, and then bend it around the corner panel. It is hard to explain. I wish I had that Bend Tech program.
                          Last edited by Rockbronco67; 08-21-2009, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Good luck, yell if you need a hand.
                            sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                              Here is what I was thinking. 1 1/4 tube top and bottom. Wrap around the sides to protect the corner panel a little. Plate the middle and dimple die it. Let me know honestly.
                              I am really diggin' the second one. I love the dimple dies, I got a set, but have not even opened them yet.
                              Last edited by Slapaho; 08-24-2009, 07:40 PM.
                              They flex like a boneless hooker

Comment

Working...
                              X