Droop/stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Droop/stuff

For those who run like WH coils, Deaver springs and the like, would you say your "stock" style suspension, which I mean is no 4 links and that kinda deal, allow for more droop over stuff or vice versa?

Just wondering for a future pipe dream. Never say never that 42s would end up under my EB, with the fullwidth 44/9.

What prompted this was a thread on pirate about heattreating and cyroing axle shafts. I know there is a place local that does cryogenic freezing. Definitely planning on superiors or alloy shafts in the full width.

i don't understand the ???
    droop? or drop?

my springs droop because i wear them out. i'm luck if i get three years on them. The drop out depends on various factors... drive line, steering, radius arms, shackles, or even shocks,,
    70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

very true, i think it was the booze speaking so disregard the topic.

Was wondering if some leaf springs allowed for more drop out of the wheelwell over stuffed into it. Dont want to run too tall of a tire if its not possible.
      Last edited by PhantomEB; 02-22-2006, 09:40 PM.

Comment

OK I got it, yup disregard this topic, I have to stop thinkin bigger and bigger, after all, if I dont like my boggers I am gettin SX's next and biggest they come is 38.5s!

Comment

Phantom go IROKs I want those 39's but am waiting to hear if BFG comes out with a Krawler in 39" (not the red label they already make but a blue label that would tolerate the streets) . Delta or anyone with IROKsfeel free to chime in I am having a mental debate.
          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

i dont care for the iroks one bit, up here tends to call for mud as well dry stuff. So need something with a half decent depth in the tread.

Comment

I actually like my IROK's in the mud. Had enough traction in the mud to snap a pinion on Monday. You may want to look at them again. I've had mine in rocks snow mud, and the dry stuff since I got them a few months ago, and I have to say they have tackled eveything nicely. Including the streets. Will cruise down the highway at 75 relatively smooth, and they are the bias ply ones. Also if you look at the lugs on the IROK's they are cupped, and directional.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

The only bad thing that I have heard about IROCS is that they are very soft. (wear quickly).. But I have seen them go everywhere.. (On and Offroad and Snow and Mud and Rocks and Sand) Just my .02... Get more opinions..

Aaron
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

My IROKS are unstopable. I have been through some super deep soupy mud. These tires are by fay the best I have seen off the shelf. Super soft when aired down letting them conform to every crevass in the rock. THe only thing I would change is to get Radials.
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Cool thats what I was thinking was the radials. Delta did you have similar experience to Mark in freeway driving? Since I gotta drive to the trail
                    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                    1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Well, initially I couldn't drive over 30 mph without horrible death wobble. I thought I had a bad tire and wasn't really concerned with it because I drove mostly it off orad. But when i broke the tire down to change out the stem, there was a piece of rubber in the tire that was the size of a small liver. It looked as if it broke loose from the inside carcass of the tire. After it was removed the tires were great up to 50 mph, but the rest of the EB wasn't
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB
                        very true, i think it was the booze speaking so disregard the topic.

Was wondering if some leaf springs allowed for more drop out of the wheelwell over stuffed into it. Dont want to run too tall of a tire if its not possible.

I got to say that was a great first post!! Ideas are running through your head and the booze is keeping them from coming across!! Been there!!

Aaron
                        KK6DAD
                        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                        X