Refurbish the Hard Top, how much $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbish the Hard Top, how much $$

I would like to get my 77 hard top repainted before it goes back on. I will pull the windows and replace the glass rubber. I would also like to pull the caulking in the drip channel, deal with any rust (minor), recaulk, and repaint the top.

Anyone had it done, and can give me a good guess? I had planned to do it myself, but the bum foot this summer has slowed me and alot of the planned projects down.

Recommendations for a shop near me in Morgan Hill?

Thanks
    Last edited by 904Bronco; 08-28-2009, 10:22 AM.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Re: Refurbish the Hard Top, how much $$

Can't give input but I'm all ears. I have no desire to fix my own hard top anymore. I'd love to drop it off for a quick-n-dirty refurbish. I might be so inclined to do a little of the work myself, but I sure do hate body work anymore.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Re: Refurbish the Hard Top, how much $$

Just hope the top is totally smooth, that is a big piece of sheetmetal to fix if it is warped or dented. There should be more than one structural rib on a bronco top, but they only came with the one.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Working...
      X