Best grim cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best grim cleaner

I've gotten alot of parts from the junk yard over the years and I always have trouble getting all of the YEARS of grease and grim off of them. Specificly getting them to a oil/grease free paintable surface. I use the ol' over the counter stuff but I still end up using more elbow grease then anything. Any quick fixes, sure thing,one stop, ideas out there.
    sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Re: Best grim cleaner

I like to use Castrol Super Clean and when I can't find it I use Purple Power. Have to do some scrubbing with a brush or Scotch bright pad, but seems to work well.

I haven't tried it yet, but you can clean parts using electrolysis. It takes off rust and grime. Here is a link. They way this guys does it is a little complicated, I have seen guys just do it in a big Rubbermaid storage tub.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/oth...ctrolysis.html
    77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

Try EZ-OFF bbq cleaner. Works awesome. Make sure you wear gloves this stuff will take the top layer of skin off too. Try your best to keep it off seals cause I imagine its not to good for it.

Kyle

Comment

Anything made by Zep has my vote, I have tried that other stuff and it all sucks compared to Zep products. Oh, and in a pinch, Tide laundry powder, a push broom and warm water work great on driveway and garage floor oil stains.
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Guess I am the lucky one I take my part to a local shop and use the parts washer. But it is only Mon. to Fri. weekend ?? What ever works
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

$1 store oven cleaner works pretty good.
            Jack
            73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Oil Eater cleaner/degreaser.. stuff works pretty good, kinda makes your nose tingle, almost like oven cleaner.
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I don't usually promote anything from Harbor Freight but their purple degreaser concentrate they sell by the gallon works very well when diluted less than the recommended amount. It works decently when diluted the normal amount too.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                X