9" Pinion Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9" Pinion Guard

Getting the third ready to go in. What are the thoughts on pinion guards? I haven't had a problem without one, but one never knows.

What are you running, if anything?

Re: 9" Pinion Guard

I got one from Great Lake Offroad. I have never run one but when I was working on the rear end, I figured I would add one...

I did scrape it up a bit last week so it is probably cheap insurance.

The GLO guard is very nice and reasonably priced.
    71 Bronco
    EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
    Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

i have the same on and it works out great, I have hit it a couple of times.
      1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

cheap insurance. Might as well.
        Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

I use my pinion yoke for traction. No guard here.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I've been dragging and bumping my housing, and now it has a slow leak around the rear facing perimeter weld.
            70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

I run the James Duff diff/pinion guard. It likely saved me from cracking my rear diff open 4 times on the 'con over the weekend. You lose a little clearance but gain a lot of protection. I like it.

I am sure some of my hits were due to my inexperience in the driver's seat...
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Love my pinion guard. make sure you get one that does not take away clearance. forgot were i got mine.. but its the round pipe kind.
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

DIY makes a nice one. Open to keep sand and mud from caking up around your pinion. Heavy duty and no ground clearance lost.
                  sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Working...
                  X