extended and boxed radius arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extended and boxed radius arms

Hi guys , these are the pics of my arms. I basically went by the article in bronco driver. I have since cut and modified the arms to add some camber and angle out since I lengthend them 10 1/2''.I started with the stock arms and then added the extentions sold by bent and twisted,then boxed the whole thing with 2x3 angle iron, then I cut out some cardboard patterns of the area at the very front on the arms and filled that area with 1/4'' thick plate.After I mounted them on the truck I had a terrible angle on my lower coil bucket brackets so I cut the arms in half about an inch behind the lower shock mount.Confused yet? Then got the angle I wanted and welded and gusseted It all together.I'll post pics of the new and improved arms if anybody is interested. E-mail me if you have any questions
    Attached Files
    Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

When iinitially extended my radius arms I made one mistake that you did not make here. I stopped the plating at the C. A few years back on the con one of my radius arms broke completely off at the C and the othr was on its way. You probably won't have a problem, but you might wanna ad a gusset for shits and giggles.

The arms look great!!
    Attached Files
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
    X