Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck Avenger Carb and Holley intake advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Avenger Carb and Holley intake advice?

Hi All,
    Any advice or feedback on the following would be appreciated. I'm looking at getting a Holley Truck Avenger Carb, and an Edelbrock performer (or performer RPM)intake for my 302.

Does anyone have any feedback on this set-up or any other non-EFI set-up that I should consider?

Thanks!

Re: Truck Avenger Carb and Holley intake advice?

I've had real good performance with the Edelbrock carb (Carter AFB made by Weber), but YOU MUST GET THE OFF-ROAD KIT ($9.95). I also had to upgrade my fuel pump. I'm happy with the set-up.
    Last edited by Sierra Backwoods; 10-19-2009, 01:00 PM.
    70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

X2 on the Edelbrock carb. I also run one with the off road needle and seats and it works GREAT!!! Hollys seem to have more issues than the Edelbrocks... Manifold should be OK!!
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I have a marine kit in my edelbock, I don't know if it is any different than the off road kit, but I can still run at some crazy angles.
        They flex like a boneless hooker

Comment

i put the offroad kit in mine and it still runs like crap at angles. I am going with a holley next. There are a few other tricks for the edelbrock too. Plugging passages in the carb body, a vent tube like the holley has. I even run a fuel regulator and it still sucks!!
          1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

My first TA never worked, Found out they had a run of bad ones. 2nd one runs great. Put it on before the con run.
            sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Originally posted by u14 View Post
              My first TA never worked, Found out they had a run of bad ones. 2nd one runs great. Put it on before the con run.
              Mine too, first one ran great for the first 500 miles or so then went south.
              Inside the fuel bowls and metering blocks started flaking off and plugged everything up, had to take it off and clean all jets and fuel-air passage ways 3 times on the Con just to get home. Called Holley and had to send email pictures of the carb numbers, got the new and improved one in about 5 days. Its been great for over 2 years with lots of town and trail miles.
              Last edited by ACE; 10-20-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X