Explorer Serpentine & Saginaw Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer Serpentine & Saginaw Pump

I've been searching high and low and have heard of people running sag pumps with the serpentine swap, but never found pictures or more detailed information of what actually was needed.

Anyone have information regarding that here?

I currently have a 1974' Bronco with PSC full hydro steering running a PSC Saginaw P pump. I am using the v-belt bracket that is readily available from either PSC, BC or Tom's to run the P pump.

I am building a 69' 351W with fuel injection and the serpentine setup - trying to figure things out ahead of time.

Thanks,

Kyle

Re: Explorer Serpentine & Saginaw Pump

I was going to do the same thing. PSC has a round pump that uses at remove reservoir that looks like it would be easier to mount. They have serp and v pulleys with it.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
      I was going to do the same thing. PSC has a round pump that uses at remove reservoir that looks like it would be easier to mount. They have serp and v pulleys with it.
      Yeah - I'm thinking my P pump won't work, but the TC pump may...

(SP-1200X) TC series Extreme Duty PS Pump

Comment

I made my own bracket for my Saginaw pump to work along with my mustang serpentine system. My bracket won't win any beauty competitions but it keeps the P/S pump in line with all my other accesories and it does the job.
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I know you are talking about Explorer stuff, But FYI a Ford van P/S bracket will work with the Mustang bracket.
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
            I know you are talking about Explorer stuff, But FYI a Ford van P/S bracket will work with the Mustang bracket.
            Yup - I've got a van bracket but it isn't going to line up... Stupid exploder specific parts...

Comment

Originally posted by KyleQ View Post
              Yeah - I'm thinking my P pump won't work, but the TC pump may...

(SP-1200X) TC series Extreme Duty PS Pump
              YUP!
              Sorry, I am another no pics person.
              WE just built a flat plate bracket that fit in the hole of the stock bracket and used the TC pump.
              Mark Harris
              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                YUP!
                Sorry, I am another no pics person.
                WE just built a flat plate bracket that fit in the hole of the stock bracket and used the TC pump.
                Great! Now take some pics

You say stock bracket - do you mean the stock Exploder bracket with the tensioner on it?

Comment

Working...
                X