LED lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED lights

anyone running LED's for lighting? Was thinking about going that route.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Re: LED lights

I put LED side marker lights on...
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I've been experimenting with cheap LED lights from AutoZone as rock lights. Found a couple fixtures that might fit the bill, but stilil experimenting.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Tony and I run them for rock lights. Shop around, some are cheap and dim,some are much brighter for not much more $ love them though
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Check these out I saw them on extreme 4x4.They have a true 180 deg dome light distribution and are very bright.There are a few different colors as well.

http://www.roundeyes.com/featured.html

Comment

I kinda like the old school look how the entire lens lights up, does the LED just light up a little spot on the lens?

Comment

I have not seen them in person but they appear to glow compared to standard a standard led.I want to put red courtesy lights inside.While experimenting I found that typically I didn't care for the red spotlight look that the led makes.roundeyes said that I bulb would light up the entire cab.

Comment

KWSPony, I am so glad you are figuring all this out. I will need it someday soon.

FM<><
                72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

I ordered some from superbrightleds.com. I will using them for interior lighting. I will get some pics up when they are in.
                  Last edited by 6daze; 10-30-2009, 08:07 PM.
                  71 Bronco
                  EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
                  Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

pics would be good. I was thinking interiors for starters. Then the exteriors.
                    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I've ran the 1157 and other standard exterior replacement bulbs for years. Love-em, just a brighter light with less of a draw. The big draw back to led's is If you run in the snow the led don't heat up like standard bulbs, so you get snow pack on your lights.

Comment

When used in tail lights, it helps when your lenses are either in pristine condition, or new. If they're old and fogged up, you tend to get one big red spot in the middle of the lens, but not much "fill-in" like you would get with a normal bulb. Especially if your reflectors are, like most are these days, very dull. Since LED's are very directional, your reflector doesn't have as much to work with. Some bulbs come with side-facing modules for these reasons too. To get more spread inside the lens-and-reflector.

What setup do you have Ground Hog? And what brand of LED's? I've found that some are definitely better than others.

One thing I found that helps (reflector-wise) is to paint them a bright white color. Although I haven't tried an actual chrome paint yet, I did try "aluminum" paint, that was pretty shiny and it wasn't near as reflective as the white.
                        I even tried lining the reflector with that super-shiny chrome tape, but that was a bust too. The white worked best.

Interested to hear what your setup is like GH.

Paul
                        Last edited by DirtDonk; 10-29-2009, 09:57 PM.
                        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

I use the roundeyes rock lights. I love them!

WT 4x4
                          91' One Ton Bronco
                          1971 Bronco
                          9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Did you buy the 5 light set?

Comment

Originally posted by SIZEMICT View Post
                              Did you buy the 5 light set?
                              Yeah but it was a 6 light set. i just wired them into a series. They pull very little amps!

This kit in white.
                              http://www.roundeyes.com/LED_Lightin...Light_Kit.html
                              Last edited by dblue351; 10-30-2009, 03:40 PM.
                              WT 4x4
                              91' One Ton Bronco
                              1971 Bronco
                              9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Working...
                              X