scout box on an EB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scout box on an EB

Just when I thought I ahd my power steering fiquered out, I realized how much of a dumbass I am I pulled the power steering off a `79 scout II and spent two days putting it on my bronco, redrilling the frame, making brackets for pump flipping the pitman arm ets. the problem is that when I turn my steering wheel right my tires turn left due to the reversed pitman arm. My question, is there anyway to reverse a PS box or am I SOL?

Re: scout box on an EB

YOU ARE SOL!!! with a scout box...
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I have a scout II box in my bronco, you need to swap the spool valve/housing, worm gear, and piston/rack, out of mid-eighties or later S-10/S-15 and it will steer correctly. The same parts from a EB box will work, but they are much harder to locate. You could also send it to West Texes Offroad and they will do it for you. they stock the needed parts.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I was wrong!!! Steve knows all!!! AGAIN!!
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Why can't you just remember to steer left when u want to go right and visa-versa. No one would ever be able to steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by ripcityracing View Post
            Why can't you just remember to steer left when u want to go right and visa-versa. No one would ever be able to steal it.
            Or move the steering column to the other side?
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

the thought has crossed my mind, but then when i get back into my DD i would bde doing all kinds of weird stuff LOL

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
                I have a scout II box in my bronco, you need to swap the spool valve/housing, worm gear, and piston/rack, out of mid-eighties or later S-10/S-15 and it will steer correctly. The same parts from a EB box will work, but they are much harder to locate. You could also send it to West Texes Offroad and they will do it for you. they stock the needed parts.
                How complex is swapping those parts, Ive never opened a box up before but I could probably get through it , Any pointers? and thanks for the advice it will save me some four letter words lol

Comment

Originally posted by ` 70 bronco View Post
                  How complex is swapping those parts, Ive never opened a box up before but I could probably get through it , Any pointers? and thanks for the advice it will save me some four letter words lol
                  Mine was done by WTO, I sent them my bronco box and it was unrepairable so they built the scout box for me. I have rebuilt other boxes and they aren't extremely difficult, just make sure you don't loose any of the balls.
                  It is basically the same process used whwn making the 4x4x2 box that I am sure a few people here have done.
                  69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I used a reverse rack out of a Astro Van...it's probably the same box as the S-10. If you search, I'm sure you'll find rebuild instructions for a 700 series Saginaw box. That's what I did it was just so long ago I no longer have the info. The rebuild and change of internals was easy. Here are some pics of the reverse rack:
                    Attached Files

Comment

That would be a trick ride!!!!
                      70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Originally posted by ` 70 bronco View Post
                        Just when I thought I ahd my power steering fiquered out, I realized how much of a dumbass I am I pulled the power steering off a `79 scout II and spent two days putting it on my bronco, redrilling the frame, making brackets for pump flipping the pitman arm ets. the problem is that when I turn my steering wheel right my tires turn left due to the reversed pitman arm. My question, is there anyway to reverse a PS box or am I SOL?
                        Been there done that
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                        X