Cage frame tie in's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage frame tie in's

Well I started building my frame tie in's this week and have one all installed. I've got a lot of the other pieces cut and ready to weld up. Just thought I would show you what I've done so far.
    Attached Files

Nice work, is that a track bar bushing? What bender do you have?

Galen
    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Actually it's a rear leaf spring eye bushing. I used the same ones when I built my 203/205 crossmember. I wish that I had a bender to discribe to you. I had a friend (with a bender) bend me some 90's and I'm cutting, fitting and welding here.

Comment

Nice work!
        Now, do tell what grade bolts, nuts, and washers your using.
        I know grade 8 is more brittle then grade 5, I need to tie in my cage to the frame and is next on the list after the NP 435 auto swap this month.

Comment

I used grade 5 for the four bolts that go through the floor and though the 1/4 inch plate and then the 5/8 bolt that goes through the bushing is a grade 8.

Comment

That was extactly what I had in mind, but I might tie mine into my sliders.
            Chris
            70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

I was thinking of using leaf spring bushings as well but at the same time is solid mounting the bottom plate of the sandwich to the frame a bad idea and if so, why?

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB
                I was thinking of using leaf spring bushings as well but at the same time is solid mounting the bottom plate of the sandwich to the frame a bad idea and if so, why?

The only reason to put a bushing in there is to cut down on vibrations coming from the frame. With no bushing the vibrations will come up through the body and cage inside the Bronco. If it's a trail only rig, I guess it might not be worth the trouble.

Comment

Darnit, now that I just saw how FordCore did his rocksliders up nice and close to the body, I just might want to do the same instead of the previous thought of just angling the slider tieins from frame to slider. Now to figure out what would be a nice medium to put in between the slider and floorboard. Time to hit the crapper again!!

Comment

Thought I would throw up pics of my tie in also. I did what Fordcore refered to and attached them to my sliders. I also attached a link to Off Road Design the sell bushing assemblies and they are well priced. Here ya go http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/bushingassemblies.htm
                    Attached Files
                    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                    1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Both tie-ins are sweet. Where are you guys getting your bushings??
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

The other drawback to mounting with no bushing is that it can produce cracks if the body is mounted on rubber body mounts.
                        Marc D.
                        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                          Both tie-ins are sweet. Where are you guys getting your bushings??

The set that I used for my 203/205 crossmember I got from BCB and this set for the tie in's I got from Jeffs.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
                            The other drawback to mounting with no bushing is that it can produce cracks if the body is mounted on rubber body mounts.

Sounds like you are speaking from experience? LOL!

Comment

Finally came to me how I wanted mine done last night and its almost exactly like a combination of Family Mans and Fordcores. Thanks guys for the ideas!

Comment

Working...
                              X