quality hoses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quality hoses?

anyone know a source for some quality fuel and vaccume hoses, I am pretty pissed at NAPA right now. I used fuel hoses from them, for the Bronco and a Vanagon I put a Subaru motor into, and both, less than a year old started to leak fuel because the hoses dryed out and cracked.

I am willing to pay more if the hose will last.....

thanks

Jim

Re: quality hoses?

Well All Parts or its new name is Car Quest auto parts here in town is out...

EFI fuel injection hose?
    Or maybe some of those high end hoses that Royal Brass carries
    Marine grade fuel hose, oh yeah no West Marines near by...
    Maybe a silicon based hose would last longer? Is it a high heat area?
    Sorry no leads, just random thoughts Jim.

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I'm installing the Summit brand "twist tite" hose right now for my fuel lines. Kindof handy since you can run them into a barb fitting or use their twist tite AN fittings. Hopefully it will last awhile...
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I have had the same problem with Napa Hose. I switched all fuel hose to marine grade from Napa and have had no problems yet (6 months).
        76, DuPont midori sour green, explorer 5.0, Mild built C4, D20, 1 ton steering, 44 w/soft locker 4:11, 9" w/locker, 4.5" lift, 1" NHL Bodylift, Duff front long arm's,4.5 WH front and rear, 35 toyo's, FloFit seats and other dodad's.

Comment

I hear so many horror stories from people who have used Napa parts. That I will not buy anything there unless it is an item packaged and sold by a completely separate company. For some reason Napa has very poor parts, that always seem to be mislabeled or defective when you buy them.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

A good parts house will have Gates hose. Or a good rubber supplier like Delta Rubber, or Hose Connection in Stockton for ALL types of hose and fittings...
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
              That I will not buy anything there unless it is an item packaged and sold by a completely separate company.
              NAPA has name brand suppliers that rebox their product under Napa's name...

Wix makes all their filters...
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

the napa fuel/vac hose will dry out and split like all the cheap hose. just ask for the fuel injection hose and you won't have a problem at all with their hose. do yourself a favor and get the fi hose clamps that don't have the screw slots and the hose won't split at the ends either. the fi hose is a great hose and will keep you from redoing it in a year or 6 months.
                6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

why not run hard lines for fuel? I am thinking about going that route myself.
                  1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Working...
                  X