exhaust issue/fix...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust issue/fix...

Okay guys, I am about to have a baby in a few months and before I put the beast on the market, I need the best solution to fix an exhaust leak in the Bronco. I need to know the best solution for routing the system as well as keeping it out of the vehicle.

I took a ride with the wife tonight and we had a leak issue. Needless to say the wife is not happy with a exhaust leak. Please help me guys.
    Ivan
    California Special Edition
    5.0 GT EFI Engine
    AOD with TransGo shift Kit
    Tera-low Dana20 transfer case
    31-splined 9" Nodular with Detroit Locker & 4.11
    30-splined Dana 44 with 4.11
    Rancho 9000 shocks
    3 1/2" lift with WH front hoop & JD rear Stage 2
    Hydroboost & 4Wheel Discs
    Cibie's and H4 lights
    33 SSR's & 17x8 wheels
    Almost ready for the unveiling!

Where is the leak? Block/header or header/collector or muffler?

Comment

It seeps in from somewhere? I am trying to locate it today, but I think it is just coming in from the exhaust at the rear. At the moment it comes straight out the back.
      5.0 GT EFI Engine
      Rancho 9000 shocks
      Cibie's and H4 lights
      33 SSR's & 17x8 wheels

Comment

Yea...exhaust running straight out the back has been known to get sucked right back in. I never had a problem with the exhaust running the stock way out the rear corner, but it hung down too low for me. I currently have my exhaust stopping at the rear axle with a downturn. No fumes with the top off and only get some with the top on with the window cracked. Probably because the BC QP protectors let the top sit higher in the back giving me a slight gap for the exhaust to be sucked in.

Are you selling your EB when the baby arrives? Sounds like a nice rig. Though when babies get introduced the EB time and money goes wayyyyyyy down. Which is no problem because having kids are awesome and when they get older you will eventually get your EB time back with them coming along with you.

Comment

The wife would probably put a sign on right now if she had her way. The deal is if I can get the exhaust fixed so that none of it can seep in, which i know is a hard thing on our broncos, then I get to keep her. Our main concern is the safety of our little one.

One thought I had was to run a catalytic converter on her with a 2 to 1 exhaust exiting out the rear corner with a turn down. If that doesn't do it, choke, it may go on the market.
          5.0 GT EFI Engine
          Rancho 9000 shocks
          Cibie's and H4 lights
          33 SSR's & 17x8 wheels

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the cat. I would just get it rerouted somewhere besides out the back. The side behind the tire, and a turn down is a good start. One place the exhaust likes to come into the interior is up through the stake pocket holes also. The best cure though to keep the exhaust out is get rid of the top. That's what I did, but I don't have any kids. The fumes will just affect me.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Ahhhh...you're talking about fumes coming in the cab. When you said "exhaust leak" I thought that you talking about and exhaust leak at the headers or muffer or something like that. You mean exhaust leaking into the cab.

Like the others have stated, straight out the back is not a good idea because it does draw it right back into the cab. Turn downs at the rear axle or turn outs at the rear corners should cure it. Or run it out through the side in front of your rear tire. I have no issues with mine.

Comment

I have mine tuned down at the rear quarters.. No smell for me and my kids have not complained either..

Aaron
                Attached Files
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                X