Sliders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliders

I know when puttin in sliders, rockers should be cut out, now do we spot weld the 2x4s direct to the sheet metal or......

Gettin this thing Moab ready!

Re: Sliders

Mine were a pain in the ass. I have a few scars from welding on my back too. I used 2 pieces of 1x3 as they will fit in the channel of the door jam. Actually you could go with 1 piece and then weld a larger piece under that. I could not find 1x4. Once I had them welded in I welded the sheetmetal to them front and back. I may have some pics somewhere if you want.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

i just dont see the point in welding to the body AND the frame. but I can see there has to be something to support the door jamb from just caving.

Comment

If you go back through my thread, there are pics of what I did. After cutting off the stock rocker, I welded in a piece a 1 x 3 rectangular tubing up inside what was left of the door jamb. (the 1 x 3 is a perfect fit) It runs the entire length of the jamb and makes the door jamb super strong! Then you can mount your new sliders to the frame for strength!

Comment

Oh great, off to 5 hours of reading Patricks thread..... LOL

Comment

I did the same as Pat but I welded another piece of 1x3 under the first. I wanted the extra inch or so to keep my side tank. I also extended both pieces 4" beyond the door jams and gusseted them to the back of the jams, and then I added the 2x6 box skis to the frame.
            Last edited by kwspony; 11-29-2009, 02:59 PM.
            1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

My sliders are under the stock rockers. the rockers were still untouched and not rusty so thet stayed. 2x4 under the rockers with side tank still intact. tacked to the sheet metal and braced in three spots to the frame.
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I attached my 2x6 sliders by welding angle iron to the top of the sliders and bolted them up into my door posts. been that way for years with heavy use and no problems.
                sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Comment

Mine are just welded to the rocker, and not to the frame. I will attach a pic of what can happen. I will be attaching them to the frame sometime soon. If you are welded to the body, you should use some sort of rubber isolation to the frame. My body is mounted hard to the frame, so I'm just going to weld the rockers straight to the frame.
                  Attached Files
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Yeah I got some ideas goin down now, thanks Marc, Patrick and the rest.

Comment

I had mine welded to the body for YEARS. I only switched to the frame mounted because of a roll cage change.
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                      X