My suspension set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My suspension set up

Hey everyone i have a 3.5 in James Duff lift with double shock(70/30) hoop in the front and single shocks in the back all James Duff set up. I was wondering why my suspension is so stiff and hard. Any tips or what i should change for a softer ride when off roading. Your help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: My suspension set up

Dump the double front shocks and go with one single quality so k like a Fox, Bilstien ect
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

X2 on getting rid of the dual shocks. Does your kit include the JD long arms too? If not, installing a set of those will increase the rid quality a lot.

Comment

see my post in chit chat sec. I run dual shocks in front and its fine. It's the kind of shocks thats important!! Duff's are junk imo. valving is weird... a good bilstein or adj rancho would make the ride alot better.
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I agree you can get Bilsteins valved to run in a dual setup, but you can get one good 7100 w/ remote reservoir for less than two of the least expensive bilsteins. The RS 9000's can be adjusted soft enough for dual use, but a single Rancho RS 9000 at higher settings is plenty stiff in my opinion.
          I haven't used the Duff shocks, but before you go buy anything I would just remove one shock from each side up front.
          Last edited by highlander; 12-08-2009, 06:01 PM.
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

See where you're at with singles up front. If you are still not happy, I have been pretty pleased with my Rancho RS9000 reservoir shocks. Dialed all the way stiff still makes for a decent on-road ride and nice handling, softening them for off road, especially with aired down tires makes for an almost pleasant driving experience too. I will probably buy a pair for the rear too.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

You know what when i get time today ill take a pic and post it up. I believe its the newer one came with the lift when i bought it.

Comment

(Sorry to dig up this old thread but I was thinking about getting some Rancho shocks a did a search to see what yuou guys thought about them.)

I'm running this same Duff setup with the double front hoops and 70/30 shocks and my ride is pretty stiff. I'm going to remove 1 from each side in front to see how that feels for now.
                Which shock do I remove? The one in front of the axle or the one behind the axle attached to the radius arm?

Thanks
                '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

I would remove the one out front...the one in back will give you more down travel for articulation, and plenty of up for on road travel.
                  70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Bilsteins..front #7100SBRR's with correct valving and rear #5125.

We sell them.., need measurements so flex up the EB so we can size the shocks correctly..best to remove your shocks and get flexed collapsed and extended measurements.

Cary
                    Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

man that helped a ton, this thing was shaking the teeth outta my head! Better now.

Cary, when I determine what lift I'm going with, etc. I'll hit you up for a quote on some good shocks.
                      Thanks!
                      '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Working...
                      X