Aerotank Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerotank Question

I'm just getting to the install of my aerotank. It's an efi version and came with a bag of parts. There is a large o-ring included that looks to be sized for the fuel pump/pick-up fitting/compression ring. I'm running an external pump on the bronco.

Do I need to open the fuel pump/pick-up fitting and 1) install a "sock" and 2) redo the fitting/ring with the o-ring in place?

The write-up that came with the tank isn't completely clear and I don't want to start dismantling this thing if not necessary or introduce a potential leak.

Thanks, Tim

Re: Aerotank Question

Originally posted by tim View Post
    I'm just getting to the install of my aerotank. It's an efi version and came with a bag of parts. There is a large o-ring included that looks to be sized for the fuel pump/pick-up fitting/compression ring. I'm running an external pump on the bronco.

Do I need to open the fuel pump/pick-up fitting and 1) install a "sock" and 2) redo the fitting/ring with the o-ring in place?

The write-up that came with the tank isn't completely clear and I don't want to start dismantling this thing if not necessary or introduce a potential leak.

Thanks, Tim
    Yeah I remember that the o-ring on mine was not installed, so you will have to open it. I am not sure the pick-up will reach low enough into the tank to work on an EFI tank, without a pump attached... unless you told them you were running an external pump???
    Probably should open it and remove any welding slag rolling around in it too...

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
    X