Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will 35's Fit?

Nice, Doug. Broncos just look better on 35's
    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Lookin' great Doug! I was a little concerned with going to 35s on mine but no worries now after seeing how yours turned out. I've got 3.5" sl and 2" bl so should be fine.
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I definitely like the look of 35's and the floatation value, all you need now are a set of long arms for that caddy smooth ride .
        69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
          Adding to the chorus...

Doug, buy them. They'll fit fine for what you are doing. I had pretty much the same setup for awhile, back in the swirling mists of my Bronco's history.

Just realize that it's a slippery slope. Something will scrape, and you'll start obsessing. Pretty soon you'll be posting about "who has the best 3.5" leaf springs", etc.
          So here I am, just as Lars said... I need more lift. With Hanson bumpers front and rear, a hard top soon to be done at the Body shop, I will need more... Will 3.5 be enough with a 1" body lift ? New fender flares are enroute from WH... Thinking about moving away from the progressive rate springs that WH sells... Longer driveshafts, drop bracket of some type needed, and everything else is already there.

Comments? And someone has already spoken about the old 2.5 springs...
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Doug, when you say "drop bracket" are you refering to the trackbar? If so, I HIGHLY recommend going w/ the trackbar riser off your frontend vice the drop bracket off the frame! The riser is a MUCH better setup as I had a run fall short and ended up re-welding my drop bracket in Big Bear last year. Just puts too much pressure on the frame at that point. Mine wasn't too bad but I've seen pics of guys tearing entire chunks outta their frame w/ the drop brackets!
            sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
              Doug, when you say "drop bracket" are you refering to the trackbar? If so, I HIGHLY recommend going w/ the trackbar riser off your frontend vice the drop bracket off the frame! The riser is a MUCH better setup as I had a run fall short and ended up re-welding my drop bracket in Big Bear last year. Just puts too much pressure on the frame at that point. Mine wasn't too bad but I've seen pics of guys tearing entire chunks outta their frame w/ the drop brackets!
              Ok Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                So here I am, just as Lars said... I need more lift. With Hanson bumpers front and rear, a hard top soon to be done at the Body shop, I will need more... Will 3.5 be enough with a 1" body lift ? New fender flares are enroute from WH... Thinking about moving away from the progressive rate springs that WH sells... Longer driveshafts, drop bracket of some type needed, and everything else is already there.

Comments? And someone has already spoken about the old 2.5 springs...
                Since you asked... I have a 1" body lift and 4.5" springs, with WH Gorilla Warflares. Those can be mounted super high, but I didn't. I have plenty of room. I don't crawl much anymore, but I've found other ways to stuff tires, without issues. Personally, since you are buying new anyway, I'd opt for the extra inch. Pretty much guarantees fit, and looks great (IMnotsohumbleO).

Attached is an alternative track bar mounting scheme for your viewing pleasure...

Comment

So I need a trac bar riser... Anyway that I can keep the "Y" steering linkage that came with the 76-77 vintage rigs? Drop pitman bracket?

Comment

Why not just cut your fenders higher with the new flares? Clean off all the areas of potential tire damage on stuff and put some good bump stops on with the higher mounted flares. Thats a lot of suspension mods just for an itty bitty bit more room.

Or go to a 2" BL, would likely look just fine with the aftermarket bumpers on there. Shroud mod and check your filler hoses.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                      Why not just cut your fenders higher with the new flares? Clean off all the areas of potential tire damage on stuff and put some good bump stops on with the higher mounted flares. Thats a lot of suspension mods just for an itty bitty bit more room.

Or go to a 2" BL, would likely look just fine with the aftermarket bumpers on there. Shroud mod and check your filler hoses.
                      Well I have thought about going in steps, 1st one being install the flares... And yeah, the cost is starting to add up

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                        Well I have thought about going in steps, 1st one being install the flares... And yeah, the cost is starting to add up
                        Never get into Broncos if you are looking for a cheap hobby, sage advice I was given a long time ago

Lots of ways to skin the clearance cat...

Doug, if you are comfortable running a MIG then make your own steering linkage. You need some 1.5" OD DOM tube, the correct right/left thread (7/8-18) adapters, all available from Poly Performance and othes, and the GM tie rod ends. I have a reamer you can use, or there are probably others closer than me that have one to borrow.

Somewhat tedious but even less expensive to fabricate the track bar setup in the pix above. Advantage being the track bar and drag link wind up the same length (no bump steer).

Comment

Working...
                        X