Summit Radiator Users??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Radiator Users??

So is anyone running the Summit brand radiator? I'm thinking thats the way to go for the $$$. I'll be plugging it into a '95GT EFI engine w/ stock cam and running the Explorer Serp set up. I'm really just trying to get the thing up and running. I have a hard time justifying a $400 radiator right now.

Any thoughts?

Re: Summit Radiator Users??

Take a look at some of the recent tech on classicbroncos.com using the explorer 4.0 dual core aluminum radiators. They have a higher volume than stock and are very inexpensive, even new. The ports are set up to work with the exp front dress and can use stock explorer hoses. I plan to go this route with my current frame off project, just waiting to put the body on to get all the fitment done. With the explorer serp setup it fits in there very well with an electric or mech fan.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
      Take a look at some of the recent tech on classicbroncos.com using the explorer 4.0 dual core aluminum radiators. They have a higher volume than stock and are very inexpensive, even new. The ports are set up to work with the exp front dress and can use stock explorer hoses. I plan to go this route with my current frame off project, just waiting to put the body on to get all the fitment done. With the explorer serp setup it fits in there very well with an electric or mech fan.
      Is true! Cost me $40 or so at Pick-n-Pull... Looking for another for "IslandFever". Damn I miss my junk yards!!!

You can checkout my build thread "FungusAmongus" for some detailed pics of the 4.0 rad install w/ Taurus fan. Last post on page 10 and most of page 11... The exploder clutch fan should fit no prob too.
      Last edited by Fungus232; 08-05-2010, 05:25 PM.
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
        X2 when I have to replace mine
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I run a Summit branded aluminum radiator and I'm very happy with it. Keeps my 351 at 180 or lower in pretty much any weather. I can't say so much for my fuel delivery (carb) but the engine temp stays nice and low, even with just a 2600 CFM Derale electric fan.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Love my summit radiator. I have a stock 89 5.0 with headers and a truck avenger. No over heating issues. I do have the advantage of no inner fenderwells . I am running a spawl fan purchased from Family Man (thanks again man it still works great). My only advice about the Summit radiator is do not buy the universal mounts. They were on the cheap side and it was easier to build my own.

John

Comment

Thanks fellers

My thoughts are that I want something easier and quick. My future plan to pull the inner sheet metal out and build a custom underhood set up later. My cousin already has the jig all set up; for now it just want to get this thing going.

I just moved back to Chico and I'm tried of seeing everyone cruising their rigs and havin mine all lonely in the garage.

Good Stuff, Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X