EFI fuel pressure gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI fuel pressure gauge?

Any of you guys run an inline fuel pressure gauge on your EFI setups? Guy out here's got a new liquid filled 0-60 psi gauge w/ russel -6AN fitting. Just wondering if it's a needed/ nice to have or a hinderance.

Thanks,
    Fungus
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Re: EFI fuel pressure gauge?

just another chance for a flame point. pick it up for diag. use. i would rather have a high res kpa gauge for fuel system checks myself. just my .02.
    6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

I use one mounted in the engine compartment..easy way with a regulator to set your fuel pressure and for diagnostics.
      Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

I run one off the schrader valve. Gauge is a sealed unit in the scoop of my hood.
        Attached Files
        70 Bronco / 351W SEFI Serp, ZF, ARB, Sunburst Orange Metallic, 35 KM2s.........

Comment

Sounds like a decent investment for $20 whichever way I end up using it.

Thanks for the responses guys.
          Fungus

Comment

I run one and find it very helpful.
            Mine is just one that sits on the fuel rail.
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordfreak View Post
              just another chance for a flame point. pick it up for diag. use. i would rather have a high res kpa gauge for fuel system checks myself. just my .02.
              I have seen guys mount them on the fuel rail at the track when I run my 88 track car... When it fails gas is sprayed all over the engine compartment, fortunately the car had a system on it, saved the car...
              I agree with the above, buy a high end gauge and braided line if really need it. No cheap-o ones... A properly set adjustable regulator (which is illegal on vehicles that are bi-annual smog checked by the way) should not need to be adjusted.
              Last edited by 904Bronco; 08-10-2010, 01:24 PM.
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

No need for smog here and it's a Marshall SS liquid filled gauge (0-60 psi). Just wondering if it was worth the effort as I thought the stock regulator on the fuel rail handled all the work anyway. I like the idea of building a tool out of it to screw onto the schraeder valve but a cheapo tire pressure gauge would prob be able to do the same for trouble shooting purposes. I know I like the one I'm running now on my Q-jet but it no worky when I go the EFI route.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/pts/1886623577.html

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                  Just wondering if it was worth the effort as I thought the stock regulator on the fuel rail handled all the work anyway. but a cheapo tire pressure gauge would prob be able to do the same for trouble shooting purposes.
                  Yes, stock fuel regulator will handle fuel pressure for a stock motor...

"a cheapo tire pressure gauge would prob be able to do the same for trouble shooting purposes." NO, NO, NO

Buy a real gauge for EFI troubleshooting purposes... Here - http://www.bbkperformance.com/produc...gauge-kit.html
                  Last edited by 904Bronco; 08-10-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                    Yes, stock fuel regulator will handle fuel pressure for a stock motor...

"a cheapo tire pressure gauge would prob be able to do the same for trouble shooting purposes." NO, NO, NO

Buy a real gauge for EFI troubleshooting purposes... Here - http://www.bbkperformance.com/produc...gauge-kit.html

LOL!! Ok, Ok. Looks like I could grab this Marshall gauge though and get the fuel rail adapter for the bottom of it and be set if it doesn't go inline.

How would the stock regulator keep up with say a 347 w/ 24# injectors?

Thanks Doug.
                    Last edited by Fungus232; 08-10-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                      LOL!! Ok, Ok. Looks like I could grab this Marshall gauge though and get the fuel rail adapter for the bottom of it and be set if it doesn't go inline.

How would the stock regulator keep up with say a 347 w/ 24# injectors?

Thanks Doug.
                      You Buy an adjustable one... and larger LPH (Litre per hour) fuel pump too. A stock one flows something like 88 LPH.

Comment

From what I've been able to dig up on the Ford frame mounted pumps is they flow up to 40 gph = 151.4 lph. Any idea if this is accurate?

Comment

Working...
                        X