Link Suspension Joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Suspension Joints

So what is the preference joints like the Johnny Joints or Rod ends? This will be the next step to decide, so any comments and reasons would be nice. I have looked at the Ruff stuff crio'd rod ends, Balistic Fab joints, and Johnny Joints.

Re: Link Suspension Joints

I used to think heims were crap. But after buying some for my rear upper links, I really like them now! I plan to get more to build new lower links for the rear! I think it's a personal preference, Ballistic joints are pretty close in price to 1.25" Ruff stuf heims, and because Ruff stuff is local there is no shipping!
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Heims will start to make noise, I am going to use jonny joints
      1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

A good quality heim will give you many years of quiet service. Cheaper heims will make noise much sooner. Given the price of a good quality heim and a serviceable, rebuildable Johnny Joint, its kind of a tossup. I've got heim steering and giant heims on my radius arms and neither makes any noise yet.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Working...
        X