X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 f-250 on ebay..

I saw this on ebay.. 1979 4x4 f-250..

Is there anything we could use off of this?? C-6, 205,

I was thinking of the axles.. Are the 79 welded or casted????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Just an idea..

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Not possitive, but I think the F250 had the HD44, or possibly just a regular 44, in the front, and not the 60. Don't know about the cast thingy.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I believe all the 3/4 ton stuff is welded. The casts were on the coil spring 1/2 tons and Broncos. FM
      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

that truck was on craigs list a few months ago. if you are looking for HP Dana, would a HP Dana 60 work...lol I found one and will try to get it on the cheap.... lost it to someone else in the area.. wasnt fast enough
        Last edited by mtnbronco; 07-20-2006, 10:45 AM.
        70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

For future reference the 78 and 79 F 250s came with the Dana 60.
          Only two years that ford did so , after that switched to Twin traction beam for God knows why?
          Too bad you didn't grab it just for the 60.

Just registered on your site, nice page, been active on Socal and Broncoholics for some time now.
          Own a 77 and live in Bishop which some consider Nor Cal.
          Doing Sierra Trek and then the Rubicon in September so hope to meet up on the trail sometime.

Greg
          '77, 5.0, C4, Klune V 4.0, 5.5" BC bronco lift, wristed radius arm, Detroit rear, ARB front, 35" swampers, Warn, AC comp. air, welder, PRP seats, adding trophy dents regularly

Comment

Well, actually the 78 and 79 F350 came with the HP60 and the F250 came with a leaf sprung HP44.
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

The front end in the 78/79 F-250's don't have wedges at all. They are leaf sprung. It will be a heavy duty 8 lug HP D44. It has 3 inch dia and 1/2 inch thick axle tubes, big dual piston brake calipers and 8 lug 8 on 6.5 pattern. The only F-250's that came with a D60 front end is the Snow Fighter version. The rear axle is a FF D60. This is a great axle to convert to 35 spline and disc brakes.

Tranny is a C-6 (probably big block) with a 205 t-case. It would be worth buying for the axles and 205 and then just part out the rest. I love those old F-250/350 trucks!

Comment

Oops. Looks like Delta can type faster than me.

Comment

Nice thing about the leaf sprung 44s that came in the F250s are the flat top knuckles.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB
                    Nice thing about the leaf sprung 44s that came in the F250s are the flat top knuckles.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. They also have 30 spline inners and 19 spline outers.

Comment

I believe the HD 44 on the F250 also used thicker axle tubes then there F150 brothern.
                      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Working...
                      X