Alignment shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment shops?

Anyone taken there bronco to an alignment shop? If so witch one? Got the 37's on and it wanders a little.. I think i need to adjust my toe in a little.. But now I am wondering about my other parameters.. Is there an easy do it your self home guide? Maybe I am just being picky.. But it does ride like a Cadillac..
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Re: Alignment shops?

Aaron, any alignment shop should be able to at least tell you where you're at. The most they can do is adjust your toe-in but getting the camber and caster readings can tell you a lot.

I took my Bronco to a local mom-n-pop type place and they told me exactly where I stood, and adjusted the toe for a very nominal fee. You can try setting your toe with a tape measure but I think its worth having it checked out at a shop. Mine handles MUCH better after having the toe set - it was set too far in and was a little over-reactive on twisty roads.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
      Aaron, any alignment shop should be able to at least tell you where you're at. The most they can do is adjust your toe-in but getting the camber and caster readings can tell you a lot.

I took my Bronco to a local mom-n-pop type place and they told me exactly where I stood, and adjusted the toe for a very nominal fee. You can try setting your toe with a tape measure but I think its worth having it checked out at a shop. Mine handles MUCH better after having the toe set - it was set too far in and was a little over-reactive on twisty roads.
      Thanks.. I just dont know who to trust anymore.. (shops,etc)
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I'm looking too A, want it to drive like new, with beadlocked 37's that is
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Firestone on Folsom Boulevard. Call first and see if Mike is working. Mike has been doing it for years. I totally trust him. Worked with him when I was working collision repair. Have him do it.

Comment

I think Big O in EDH does them and they are familiar with big tire stuff too.
            1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicDonkey View Post
              I think Big O in EDH does them and they are familiar with big tire stuff too.
              Exactly....Go see Chris up there. He will get you set up. He's a good guy even if he does wheel a Jeep.

Comment

Talked to Chris today.. Seems like a great guy,, Wants to help... Going in Tuesday to show him the rig... Thanks Everyone, seems to be a good guy.
                Aaron
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                  I'm looking too A, want it to drive like new, with beadlocked 37's that is
                  I'll let you know.. It maybe worth the little drive to come up here...
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                    I'll let you know.. It maybe worth the little drive to come up here...
                    Got brakes now, will travel
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Have an appointment for tomorrow.. Great guy and really wants to help out the 4x4 people. Seems excited to work on my junk.
                      We will see tomorrow.
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by daddy4zack View Post
                        seems excited to work on my junk.
                        We will see tomorrow.
                        tmi !
                        68 Slightly modified
                        67 LUBR once again
                        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Broncos dont need alignments, you just rotate the tires every 1000 miles
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

bob at o.k tire on east bidwell in folsom does great work too. he gave me his caster shims for my hpp 44. i took the two highest ofset ones allready. i collect them at p-n-p and give them to him. he will even patch weight tires for the guy that has to have it perfect. i have a magnetic c/c gauge for the diy'er like me.
                            6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Working...
                            X